Thread: moved from support group to work related group

moved from support group to work related group

hi

I was recently in the support group (after appealing) and was placed in this group due to

10. awareness of everyday hazards (such as boiling water or sharp objects)
    (a) reduced awareness of everyday hazards leads to significant risk of:
    (1) injury to self or others; or
    (2) damage to property or possessions,
    such that they require supervision for the majority of the time to maintain safety.

I have filled out the latest questionnaire and have now been moved to the work related activity group where also my partner (carer) will have to attend a work focused interviews. I did not have to attend a medical this time.

I understand that some changes have been made to the descriptors for the support group but don't understand what or why I would be affected. my health has not changed in any way, unfortunately im the same if not worse so it doesn't make sense. I have epilepsy and have drop attacks almost on a daily basis where I cannot stop myself from falling onto things, I have absences where I got into a trance and am not aware of danger or my surroundings and before/after seizures I often have no idea what im doing. it doesn't take much to set me off and only last Tuesday I became upset due to a prescription not being ready to pickup which set me off being ill. id escaped from the person caring for me at the time and managed to wander onto the a638 totally oblivious of traffic. im a nightmare at times

am I right in thinking that they have now scrapped this section of the support group descriptors and both my carer and I have to seek work?

I don't see why your carer now has to look for work ? confused by that one !

I might have to give them a call in the morning to see if they have taken the .10 section out of the support group descriptor. I found some listed changes online but that actual section had no mention. if it is still there then its a bit of a joke that I may have to appeal each year to be placed into the correct group. especially now that the government have pulled funding form the cab so they cannot help with tribunal costs if I remember correctly.

10 not changed bu you may not qualify for it now if problems are physical

hi again, thought id pop back and report in. after submitting the appeal I later received a phone call about it so I asked why was I moved into the activity group as my health is slightly worse than before?. she said its because every claim is treated as a fresh new claim.

would be more sensible to compare the last claim or just have a box so you can tick "my circumstances have not changed", that way they could save on paperwork.

anyway, after submitting my appeal I had a reply in roughly a month saying that the appeal had gone in my favour.

no doubt an old link for everyone here but there were slight changes to the descriptor's http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_177366.pdf