Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friends from afar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    "She is very confident and forward. She's looking for romance - full stop!She has a fully accessible home, she has no sexual diseases and she has a king size bd in a lush tropical paradise."

Sorry, but it sounds like a cattle market!!!!!!!
    You know Pam it does sound a bit like that but it's a very 'niche' cattle market - take it with a pinch of salt - you can say things like that when you live on another continent. If you study what she's trying to say it's just that she feels lonely and wants some tlc. It's what she believes will entice an admirer into her web - it's not very sophisticated but you know where you stand.

She obviously wants to feel like a desirable woman and get goose bumps just thinking about the possibilities.

It's not often that you meet someone who the film industry took an interest in just because of her accident but then again she lives in America . . . I guess this would be classed as a tear jerker
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KivZW4AzcU

Remember - there's still life in this old dog yet!

Who's Pam? lol

I'm more concerned that her naivety will attract pervs - you excluded of course! - who see a vulnerable disabled woman 'up for it'.

Can you tell I disaprove of this kind of exposure?

I agree Jay. did you join Daily Strength by the way ?

Yes, I joined when you put up the link.

Hereford here we come . . .

Well this should be interesting. I'm driving to Hereford on Wednesday to have lunch with a woman I've never spoken too but exchanged a fair few emails. She's not disabled but is interested to meet me in person so she can gauge the 'feel' of who I am. She's a 'horse whisperer'. I'm stopping overnight in a Travelodge. Luckily there's a big farmer's market going on the following morning which is great as the next photo theme competition is about 'Markets'.

She knows I'm disabled but I've not elaborated on it.

Well I'll be driving 100 miles to take lunch with a lady. Well having spoken to her I realise that she really is a lady having been taught at a public school. She buys ponies and trains them up for dressage events then sells them. She also has a masters' degree.

So this encounter will be interesting as we come from very different backgrounds. Am I worried you may ask. No because she's only human and maybe I have something to offer on an emotional front that her peers can't offer. We'll both be on a learning curve - I don't envisage it going much further due to the distance but it will be an interesting adventure.

Wish me luck.

Isn't it strange - just one month later and my life and the dating scene has been turned upside down.

I'm no longer in correspondence with any of the aforementioned people as someone far more special has turned up who and stolen my heart and vice versa.

Anyway I met a Polish lady online who I didn't think was suitable as she was not only able bodied but very fit and younger than I.

We met for Sunday lunch on 28 August at a pub in Yorkshire. Prior to this we had exchanged email addresses and had been in touch via long phone conversations so it just seemed natural to meet up.

Well after chatting for four hours it seemed sad to be parting. We sat together in my car before parting expressing how we both wanted to see each other again, So there and then we decided that she should visit me the following weekend as my home is fully accessible.

Well she came to see me and even had her own room. It was obvious that we had already built up a strong bond as we phone each other every day to keep in touch and she is very good at articulating how she feels in her Polish accented English.

After a successful weekend we have gone one step further and booked a holiday for two at the lovely island of Cyprus that starts in a few weeks time.

We last met up on Sunday gone for lunch. She is very clever, articulate almost athletic in stature. So what have I done to capture this exotic speaking beauty. Well as she puts it - it's a meeting of minds - that is the key to any loving relationship. When you can bond with a person emotionally then other things fall into place and your disability is accepted as being part of you.

We're still at the very early stages but we are both happy to explore each others thoughts and feelings and have an adventure - after all we're all on a journey and, in my opinion, need to take every opportunity that arises to enhance our lives as we never know what's around the corner.

Good for you LT - you go boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Isn't it strange - just one month later and my life and the dating scene has been turned upside down.

I'm no longer in correspondence with any of the aforementioned people as someone far more special has turned up who and stolen my heart and vice versa.

Anyway I met a Polish lady online who I didn't think was suitable as she was not only able bodied but very fit and younger than I.

We met for Sunday lunch on 28 August at a pub in Yorkshire. Prior to this we had exchanged email addresses and had been in touch via long phone conversations so it just seemed natural to meet up.

Well after chatting for four hours it seemed sad to be parting. We sat together in my car before parting expressing how we both wanted to see each other again, So there and then we decided that she should visit me the following weekend as my home is fully accessible.

Well she came to see me and even had her own room. It was obvious that we had already built up a strong bond as we phone each other every day to keep in touch and she is very good at articulating how she feels in her Polish accented English.

After a successful weekend we have gone one step further and booked a holiday for two at the lovely island of Cyprus that starts in a few weeks time.

We last met up on Sunday gone for lunch. She is very clever, articulate almost athletic in stature. So what have I done to capture this exotic speaking beauty. Well as she puts it - it's a meeting of minds - that is the key to any loving relationship. When you can bond with a person emotionally then other things fall into place and your disability is accepted as being part of you.

We're still at the very early stages but we are both happy to explore each others thoughts and feelings and have an adventure - after all we're all on a journey and, in my opinion, need to take every opportunity that arises to enhance our lives as we never know what's around the corner.
    .There is hope for us then well done LT have a great holiday and all the best xx

Well how time flies. Several weeks ago I started talking to a woman from Harrogate. Within a short timewe talked over the phone, then we met for lunch and a week later she stayed at my place for the weekend and recently we returned from a weeks holiday abroad in the sun.

Surprisingly she hadn't really had any involvement with physically disabled people before so it goes to show we 'crips' can still have a life if you're prepared to give it a go. You've nothing to lose and everything to gain. You may have an impairment but it's only you who can decide if you're 'disabled' in your own head.