Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends from afar

Friends from afar

Isn't the internet strange. I have a dormant profile with a singles site and I was able to access a message that a disabled woman sent me from Germany. We've been in correspondence for a few weeks purely by email. She's Spanish, born in Madrid and lives in Frankfurt, Germany and works in Human Resources.

She speaks and writes in three languages - I speak English only.

I just think it's interesting that we ask after each other and share a bit about each others lives yet we've never met, spoken. I think it's a meeting of minds.. She's going back to Madrid on the 18 June with her daughter to see family.

'I've never been to Madrid' . . . he says, with a glint in his eye. lol

LOL well you may get an invite LT.

I have internet friends who I have never met or even spoken to !

from Russia with love

Well my Spanish email friend will now be sipping wine in the beautiful city of Madrid for the next 10 days - I hope she sends me a postcard! No AP I didn't impose and suggest I joined her.

Well for some reason I keep on getting unsolicited emails from a dating agency I tried out several months ago. I decided to visit the website to find a way of stopping them sending emails and I looked at my old profile. It seems that I had received 103 visits or messages - I must be popular - I think not.

When people join they have the opportunity of sending out an 'icebreaker' to introduce themselves. It's a sort of scatter-gun mailing with the hope someone will bite - what a waste of time - it's just a message that's obviously sent to everyone but also nobody.

Anyway several months ago I was attracted to a lady 4 years younger than I who I contacted. Wow very scary! She was a Russian widow who was a high flying trader on the stock exchange. I was so shocked as she didn't want to email - she wanted to talk on the phone to see how I sounded.

Well we spoke and I passed the test then she wanted me to see her at her house that evening. I found the notion a bit to quick even for me and bottled out. Anyway I noticed that she's still around and had added more photos of herself - very tasteful. So I sent her a little message to say how nice it was to see her. She replied offering her home phone number and the fact although she's found a man he's not ideal as he's 25 years younger - she must be a 'Cougar'!

So I will get in touch as I'm so different from any toy boy she's seen - and she's no doubt seen and spat many out.
    I can tell that she's numerical, calculating, intelligent but perhaps lacks those interpersonal skills - she likes flattery and to be the centre of things. Very imposing if not frightening so I will see if we can meet up as I like a challenge. lol

You must be mad !

Quote Originally Posted by andypandy View Post
    You must be mad !
    Hi AP well I've just come off the phone from talking to my Russian friend. I feel she's very stressed out at the moment being a trader on the failing stock exchange! It seems she's taken to drinking vodka and chain smoking !If I knew she was a smoker I wouldn't have rang. lol

She has that mysterious sounding Russian accent as you hear on spy thrillers.

One thing I quickly found out - she needs to get a life - it's not all about making money on the stock market. She has nothing in common with other women as she isn't a mother so finds it difficult to relate to their conversations. Having said that she's embroiled in her own little world which is a bit introspective.

Anyway she's made it clear that she's only interested in friendship as romantic encounters end in disaster.

Well at least I've broken the ice - I'l call her next week to see if she is available to meet up - well perhaps!

Well the Spanish lady living in Frankfurt has suggested that she wants to pay me a visit. She is a wheelchair user and would like to stay in an accessible hotel as I don't have a wheel-in shower. She likes travel. I'll let you know what develops.

Account removed
    Lets see I speak Welsh, English of course but Welsh is my first language, I speak a bit of French to get me through a meal, and I speak German being half German, but in all honesty a dating agency with Russians.

But you never know.

I play the stock market have made just under a Billion, about how much Under, about 9999 million.

these dating agency you can be anything.

Hi treborc,

The Russian woman is a trader. I've had lengthy discussions about stock market trends - what to buy when. She only invests her own money - as she's a widow I guess she has a few quid to play with. The downside is that she only dates young men - she craves compliments!

The Spanish lady is genuine - she works part time in Human Resources for a large German company. Like you she's bi-lingual. Having said that we haven't spoken yet. It always amazes me how a particular type of woman decides to invite herself to meet up. It's not like you go for a coffee and think about it - she's sort of decided to commit herself to the cause. I like that assertiveness in a woman - I find it attractive - she who dares!!

Anyway it's up to me to source the ideal accessible accommodation - wish me luck!

Depends what are you expecting from both these women but good luck!

Please be careful LT