Thread: I am fuming

I am fuming

I need to vent I am so b***dy angry. My wife and I went to my mum’s grave today to plant my mums favourite flowers and lay a bunch of flowers on her grave. The sight we were greeted with was appalling my mum's entire grave is surrounded by 3ft high weeds I could not even get to mum's grave. All the flowers we have planted cannot even be seen what makes it even worse it is her birthday.

An elderly lady at the church yard said her husband’s grave is also inaccessible. She complained to the church warden and he said it was to encourage wildlife and would not tidy the area around her husbands grave. Only the left side of the graveyard is like this the rest is strimmed neatly.
    I have complained to the church and taken pictures. I told them that not only is this disrespectful but it is a possible health and safety issue because I am on crutches and the weeds are so dense and high they could wrap around the crutches.

Yes, I would be angry too. There's a place for weeds/wildflowers, but I would agree that a churchyard is not the place.

Actually it's a new trend to allow meadowland to flourish. It helps the bees to repollenate the shrubs.You will notice that the Council generally prefers to let road central reservations get overgrown too. They just cut the grass by the road's edge.

So look on the positive side that your mum is helping nature out and in turn that benefits us all.

I do not care what the trend is I want to tend my mum's grave and especially on her birthday it's even more annoying. Mum's grave looks awful like nobody cares it's disrespectful and I will not rest until they tidy the area up.There is plenty of room around the boundaries of the yard for wild flowers and weeds so there is no need for the graves to look a state.

I agree with gus, I can truly imagine how you feel. The excuse re wildlife is just a costcutting exercise.

so sorry gus and yes Susie I agree it's most likely about saving money nothing else