Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with filters?

Problems with filters?

I keep having forum posts rejected, despite them not having any offensive material within. It happens more often with longer posts than with shorter ones.
    It's incredibly frustrating.

Anyone else having similar problems?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Happened to me last night , 1 post out of 3 or 4 was delayed, but appeared later. As you mentioned think it sometimes happen with longer posts especially if you use the Go Advanced button.

I've never used the go advance button... what does that do?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

I've just had one (post) blocked, I think it may have something to do with key words, dunno though might be wrong might just be somebody looking for something to do - who knows.

i have had the same problems with the above, it is like all computer things they are not perfect and just a case of trying to put up with them, all ways get the hammer out

Change your profile picky googly, you're probably scaring them - chuckle. I sometimes get a message saying a moderator needs to approve the post, but it appears within minutes, none rejected.

I have had one or two rejected. Personally, I did not think there was anything offensive in them, but others may see it differently. That is the problem, what is acceptable to some, may not be for others. The last thing I would want to do is cause offence to anyone, but I also believe in speaking my mind and being honest. Also, there have been posts on here that have been allowed and I have found upsetting/offensive, but I do not think that was the poster's intention. So, I guess it is a case of live and let live. You cannot please all the people all the time.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by googlybear View Post
    I've never used the go advance button... what does that do?
    Allows you to use more facilities and do complicated file links I think. I never use it but have hit it a couple of times by accident, instead of Post Quick Reply a few times.

Yep. just wrote a short essay for acheron on his good book topic rec 2 fantastic writers and it blew me away :-(

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post
    I have had one or two rejected. Personally, I did not think there was anything offensive in them, but others may see it differently. That is the problem, what is acceptable to some, may not be for others. The last thing I would want to do is cause offence to anyone, but I also believe in speaking my mind and being honest. Also, there have been posts on here that have been allowed and I have found upsetting/offensive, but I do not think that was the poster's intention. So, I guess it is a case of live and let live. You cannot please all the people all the time.
    I used to be on a horse forum, as a bariatric rider, there are always people who comment on fat people riding, pure fattism and elite-ism, but the mods would ignore blatent bigotry "i don't care if the horse can manage easily and that's what its built for I just dont think fat people should be allowed to ride, they look gross" etc., IMO they (the mods) see it as their jobs to get a "good" discussion going and care nothing for the truth or taking responsibility for bullying, the modern world is a strange one!

Edited for my appalling spelling