Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: appealing 12 points after atos assesement

appealing 12 points after atos assesement

hi all, i had my ordeal with atos early april and have just recieved the letter telling me i failed and was awarded 12 points. This suprised me as i had previously been placed in the SG and my health has not improved at all. Do i have a chance at appeal?

From what you've said there I would think if you want to remain on ESA appeal is your only hope, better be quick with the GL24 if your going that way.

CL: Being in Support Group is a guarantee of nothing, very many people have had fit for work decisions on reassessment from there, some not going the full term of award either. If you cover most of the forums you will see many people receiving unexpected ESA50's.

Account removed
    I just had mine and it says three years before next medical, some people get them as short as year but of course they can call you back in at any time. All I did different when I appealed was sent in a doctors letter, to be told the doctor did not do a great job with his explanation and yet I had 45 points... these points are pointless so to speak

"Do i have a chance at appeal?"

You need to give far more detailed information for any one to advise you properly, your best bet is to gather all your information together and get a sit down with an adviser at CAB or other organisation. But get your GL24 in first and ask for all information used in making their decision also get a fit note dated same has GL24 to enable you to get benefit (reduced rate) while appealing. All the best

Congratulations, rockford, you've made a great recovery. Thanks, of course to ATOS aka Lourdes. Obviously, if you're considering an appeal then the chances are you haven't quite enjoyed the miracle ATOS would like to think you have. Whilst it's a pain in the proverbials, you will need to supply supporting evidence of your illness and why you haven't improved for your appeal. If you're 'fortunate' and have an illness which obviously can't get better than it is easier to rebut the ATOS conclusion. Either way, best wishes.

Everyone has the right to appeal a wrong decision. Therefore if you feel it was the wrong decision............
    It can be somewhat of an ordeal for some and getting good avice is top.

I sent my appeal including doc note on 19th june by special delivery and tracked it. it was delivered next day.. when should i phone to ask when my assement payments will start? also ive now lost my reciept from the special delivery, could this cause a problem?

If you know it's already been delivered then losing it shouldn't be a problem. When you checked to see if it had been delivered did you "bookmark" that page which had the signature on ?

afraid not andypandy.. wasnt avaliable at the time.. if they say the didnt get it surely i had some back up?