Thread: Confused after speaking to job centre

Confused after speaking to job centre

Hi everyone,
    yesterday I phoned the benefit place about going over £6000 (I am on income-related ESA) and was told if I do go over, I call them and I will be sent a form. What is this form and do I have to keep filling it out every £250 extra I save in my account or does it take my bank account details and they use that to keep an eye on my money and how much it affects my benefits for me?
    Thank-you everyone!
    From Libby

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Libbylou View Post
    Hi everyone,
    yesterday I phoned the benefit place about going over £6000 (I am on income-related ESA) and was told if I do go over, I call them and I will be sent a form. What is this form and do I have to keep filling it out every £250 extra I save in my account or does it take my bank account details and they use that to keep an eye on my money and how much it affects my benefits for me?
    Thank-you everyone!
    From Libby
    they dont do a thing........the law says you keep telling them

In theory you would have to inform them every time your savings increased by £250, but then if you bought something for £250 + you would have to notify them it had gone down. So depending on how often it's going to go up and how often you go shopping it could turn into a wholly mess to keep adjusting your benefit. TBH I don't think they even expect anyone to be that thorough.
    I would keep a float under the mattress.