Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone see Cardiff lady on TV?

wobble 1 she was definatly trish I remember her post were she said she used to ride motorbikes and that she was a health and safety excutive

I just watched it on demand after seeing it mentioned on here, cardiff ladies profile is still on here wobble so assume she asn't left the site, if it was her i'm not sure, i've just told my aunt to watch as it may give her hope for her tribunal, as if it is cl and we know she's in sg then my aunt whose on 3times the amount of meds and can't walk as well even with her stick might make her feel less stressed by having to go tribunal, yes before anyone says i know everyones history is different but it might calm her while she's waiting for tribunal as it's been 3months now and still no date!!
    Regarding the program itself i don't take all my meds as i'm supposed to as i am worried about both addiction and my body getting so used to them they wont work. I did go to a pain clinic i asked the gp to send me a few years ago he said in my case wouldn't be any help but sent me, found it interesting but at the end was told it wouldn't be any good for me, they gave me 2 new physio exercises there was actually 6 new ones in total that weren't out when i last went to physio but the other 4 i wasn't able to do, they said how my body is going and with the problems i have they were sorry but couldn't help they said if i just had the osteo and fibro they could probably help but with the other stuff i have added to those 2 things nothing they could do. I noticed they didn't make that clear on the program they make it look like well if you can get to one of these clinics and are willing to give it a go they can help but that's not the case. I know people have conditions that are fatigue related but when my gp said he thought i had can't remember what it was i said in my case i don't agree i think it's through the drugs and the fact everytime i turn over i wake up and i also have to get up anything from 30mins to an hour for the loo so if you don't sleep right obviously going to be tired and have bouts of moodiness.
    I'd love to see a program that actually shows that every case is different and that one health prob can lead to another or other probs can be caused by outside factors along with meds and how docs treat a patient.

Yes I agree freedomeagle, it was very to the point that if you have a chronic pain problem a little bit of managed exercise is all you need.

I also don't agree with that guy about getting addicted to pain relief, I have been on several different drugs and can come off them whenever I want to, I usually try to every few months just to check what my actual pain levels are. It's proven that if you take pain medication for long-term chronic pain the chances of getting addicted are tiny.

The trouble with the young girl who has ME and Fibro is that they don't really know how you get it, and it can disappear as quickly as it comes about. Plus exercise is definitely helpful for any pain, but climbing K2 is a bit freaky - I'd want to know if she really did have ME to begin with.

I was told about I had ME about 10 years ago, but that diagnosis was a load of ****, I actually had a genetic disorder which caused exhaustion and pain diagnosed 2 or 3 years ago.

Oh, and Trish if you're out there, please come back you are such a lovely woman you have friends here waiting for you.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I am so glad you back CL, missed you hon

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Yes I agree freedomeagle, it was very to the point that if you have a chronic pain problem a little bit of managed exercise is all you need.

I also don't agree with that guy about getting addicted to pain relief, I have been on several different drugs and can come off them whenever I want to, I usually try to every few months just to check what my actual pain levels are. It's proven that if you take pain medication for long-term chronic pain the chances of getting addicted are tiny.

The trouble with the young girl who has ME and Fibro is that they don't really know how you get it, and it can disappear as quickly as it comes about. Plus exercise is definitely helpful for any pain, but climbing K2 is a bit freaky - I'd want to know if she really did have ME to begin with.

I was told about I had ME about 10 years ago, but that diagnosis was a load of ****, I actually had a genetic disorder which caused exhaustion and pain diagnosed 2 or 3 years ago.

Oh, and Trish if you're out there, please come back you are such a lovely woman you have friends here waiting for you.
    Painkiller addiction is real. It does happen. Just because you are not addicted to them, does not mean he isn't.
    Last edited by rich-ward; 30-05-13 at 15:20.

Quote Originally Posted by rich-ward View Post
    Painkiller addiction is real. It does happen. Just because you are not addicted to them, does not mean he isn't.
    Which is why I said the chances of becoming addicted are tiny, the programme made out it was inevitable.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Welcome back CL, but i guess your anonymity has gone now...
    I'd clocked your comment before about going round Nurburgring, something i'd always fancied myself, but had somehow presumed it to be on 4 wheels. I also got the foot amputation bit, but i'd recognise that eye anywhere ;_)

That's the way with journalists though, you give them loads of stuff to work with, they extrapolate titbits from it, and before you know it, it looks like a completely different story...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffLady View Post
    Hi everyone - Yes you guessed right, I'm Trish.

I did send a message to have my account deleted last weekend - though they've not done it yet.... So if they do delete it I'll rejoin.

THANK you to all you wonderful supportive people, warm hugs all round to you all. (((((( hugs ))))))

Was disappointed as they actually didn't mention "MY" medical condition though they mentioned Hannah's and Terry's.

For me personally they used the worst parts of the filming - amazing about 15/20 hours of filming etc, the programme omitted a bus trip, GP trip, interview with my mother, all the filming of my feet (which is my disability?), also omitted my snazzy walking stick for my son's wedding with ribbon and lace and rosebuds attached, my wedding outfit, photographs that they asked for before this happened etc... They triple checked with me regarding the medication received from the Pain Clinic, the GP interview (by prior notice with my consent). The left out my bedroom, kitchen and bathroom with the adaptations and corridor with bannister type rails. (Surprised they bothered to put me in ).

Whew it's all over now.
    Nice to see you back, don't worry about the bits they did not show on TV, we will all see them when the DVD comes out !

welcome back cl, i recognised you straight away you cant disguise those eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Which is why I said the chances of becoming addicted are tiny, the programme made out it was inevitable.
    I agree that addiction to painkillers is not inevitable.

You implied however, that as you were not addicted to painkillers, that the man in the programme could not have been addicted to them. I just thought that was an unfair thing to say.

Apologies to CardiffLady for drifting off-topic, nice to see you back.