Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UK Tories now trying to restrict visits to your doctors!!!

i remember seeing something on tv where a doctor had one of those timers on his table and would set it for each patient. what niggles me is how long you wait to see these people A+E up to 4 hours, doctors up to 20 minutes and hospitals up to an hour and then only get 5 to 10 mins to try and describe stuff, next to impossible.

the worst for me was 111 over the weekend ending up with an 11 hour wait just to get some medication!

Account removed
    This will now be the normal the NHS under the Tories will get hammered it always will, wait until it ends up in private hands, not forgetting Labour sold a lot of hospitals to private companies like BUPA .

The fact is we are going to see less nurses more death and more and more people getting less and less drugs.

Just a note this week I had a letter saying I had won my request for the DWP to look at the decision again they did and found I was unfit to work.

Is very hard for anyone

treborc that is good news hope you get a good group outcome.

Cardiff that thing you mentioned about going to A+E and been the only person there during the night, i too have had this experience and am wondering if they are closing doors to any more patients for a certain time period, think they would put some kind of message instead of making people simply wait for so long, 4 hours or more.

when it did happen i was so annoyed that i then went home and got the old out of hours to deal with the problem but this should never of been the case, interesting that at my hospital this above situation was happening during the old government along with this one.

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar
    I bet this cap won't apply to private patients, or the well off, as they can afford to pay the GP any time they need to see them......

I bet the well off bankers and MP's and members of the House Of Lords can visit their private Dr's any time they want??? And they're the ones that caused the economics' crisis!!!

If the government didn't close down so many hospitals and wards, then there may be enough hospital places and staff to cope with our ever growing population. But the government keep blaming the NHS and hospitals.

It is going back like Victorian times!!!

Why do we pay NI contributions for an NHS that we are not permitted to use whenever necessary???

What's next Dentists??? Not that I want to give our government any ideas!!!

FM
    Expect the worst and hope for the best!!!

Cardiff that is so strange as i too was the only one in A+E during the night so it does seem like they are closing the doors on walk through people, so not good.

Dentists, in my area most are not accepting NHS and nearly everyone is private and the waiting list is only now six months to get an NHS dentist! they moan about bad teeth then this total farce is happening.

Most or a very lot of the people who work in the NHS are immigrants.Our medical and nursing students shoot the craw for sunnier and more lucrative climes once they're qualified.To digress I haven't been to the GP for 3 or 4 years.Shouldn't the Tories give me a nice fat rebate?

Account removed
    Our country is changing and not for the best, now we are hearing MP's will get a new wage rate next year, the review board on pay has decided they need the £30,000 wage rise, while ensuring benefits and the min wage and wages for the poor is kept to 1%.

Says it all for me, them and us.

I don,t go very often as it,s too difficult getting an afternoon appointment,plus it,s a bus ride, but when I do go I often have a list of things I wish to mention, I do this quickly, not taking more than my allocated time even though I usually have to wait about 3/4 hour past my appointment time,, but lately they have a sign up saying you may only report one problem per appointment,so if they want to limit how many times you go plus limit how many things you can talk about then how will that work out for people with complex or multiple illnesses?
    Untill 9 years ago I only went for my annual birth control review or if the children were ill. But in the last nine years I have developed severall things wrong with me,feels like being penalised for being ill!

just spoke to my other half who lives 200 miles away in a villiage called Wallasey,he always see,s same Dr. never has a problem getting an appt. has quite a long chat with him on a regular basis and even gets tea and biscuits at the drs. I kid you not.Maybe I should move lol