Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK Tories now trying to restrict visits to your doctors!!!

Exclamation UK Tories now trying to restrict visits to your doctors!!!

Not sure if anyone has yet seen this but yet another farce been imposed by the Tories of the UK.

Cap on number of GP visits being considered by Tories

A cap on the number of times patients can visit their GP in a year is being considered by the Conservative Party, it emerged yesterday.

A Tory consultation document on local health provision asks activists whether they agree or disagree with the idea of an annual limit on GP appointments. The paper also asks whether evening and weekend appointments with GPs and consultants are a "luxury the country cannot afford".

The proposals, which the document admits are "controversial"

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-8632396.html

A+E having trouble wait until this comes out!

Yet another kick in the teeth for the sick and disabled. I note there is no figure given...

AIUI, in Scotland, health matters are devolved to the Scottish parliament, so thankfully shouldn't apply up here
    Illegitimi non carborundum

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has yet seen this but yet another farce been imposed by the Tories of the UK.

Cap on number of GP visits being considered by Tories

A cap on the number of times patients can visit their GP in a year is being considered by the Conservative Party, it emerged yesterday.

A Tory consultation document on local health provision asks activists whether they agree or disagree with the idea of an annual limit on GP appointments. The paper also asks whether evening and weekend appointments with GPs and consultants are a "luxury the country cannot afford".

The proposals, which the document admits are "controversial"

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-8632396.html

A+E having trouble wait until this comes out!
    good idea in ways, most disabled people once sorted dont bother going to see gp anyway

add to it all drunks needing A&E treatment pay £50 a visit

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    good idea in ways, most disabled people once sorted dont bother going to see gp anyway

add to it all drunks needing A&E treatment pay £50 a visit
    I don't believe "most disabled people once sorted dont bother going to see gp anyway" is necessarily true DW. It took me 5 years "to get sorted" for a start and I have problems like all people do, disabled or not.

I can't see this motion being brought in. How many cancers for instance would be missed purely by someone having had their "go" I can see medical negligence cases going through the roof - crazy !

My immune system is damped down serverly I get loads of infections that I can't fight off need anti biotcs regular to me the goverment are trying to become like America were we will need medical insurance and where's that gonna leave us lot? no ones gonna insure us

Yes it's a scary time Acheron but I really can't see it happening. It goes against everything the NHS stands for - free at the point of need

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    I don't believe "most disabled people once sorted dont bother going to see gp anyway" is necessarily true DW. It took me 5 years "to get sorted" for a start and I have problems like all people do, disabled or not.

I can't see this motion being brought in. How many cancers for instance would be missed purely by someone having had their "go" I can see medical negligence cases going through the roof - crazy !
    my comment is based on the 100s yes 100s of posts read on forums first people being moved ib to esa now others getting ready for dla to pip.........asking how will they prove there case they are X percent sick when they never see there dr

these people me incl just plod along even when i was due scan for check up i just telephoned, they returned call then contacted hospital who wrote with date

many children with life long disabilities once 19 stop seeing drs as adult services dont follow up the same the list is long

Mmm can see both points of view here. Something has to happen or the service will grind to a halt. And can i remind
    everyone, its not a free service. We all pay an insurance premium for health cover, national insurance contributions fund the NHS and that means they have to cover us.

the nhs service was never made for the numbers pouring in from all over.these poor doctors and nurses working all hours to try and cope with the numbers, with even more imigrants coming in the nhs will colapse.time the tories opened their eyes and closed this once great country to imigration.

Immigrants are not the reason for the N.H.S.'s problems. I am sick to death of people everywhere always blaming things on immigrants.