Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suffering In Silence......

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Force_Majeure_007*** View Post
    Acheron,

Parents to pay £500 to have their child statemented, this is just another step towards total privatisation of our health service. I would guess from what is shown on British TV with regards to the American health service that health insurance would cover this type of expense.

FM
    I was special needs governour of a special needs school adhd MLD Asperger autism for many years, in the UK people have been spending more than £500 for ages educational psychologist is the start then OT Speech Therapy Consultant that's high up. Now in theory without them The LEA will during the statement period get such reports but it takes ages and by getting them done yourself and making a lot of noise talk to your councillor keep on the phone to the education department you jump the Q

By the time someone without money gets a report done the places are gone and even if the needs are greater, the finished statement wont name the place they should be in as once named the LEA have a legal duty to fund the place, but rather than do that at times a child could end up with say just ten hours extra support in a main stream school

you also see some children with very little need but the parents go over the top getting adhd or Dyslexic "problems" statement just so they get extra help and extra time in exams to help them in life............. this bigger problem in US but like everything over there we getit in the end ...... pay some people enough they will write anything

You know what lovely people. You have taught me to laugh at myself and accept myself for who I am. I can't thank you enough for that. It's so good to know that we can have a little fun here as well as the very real serious stuff.

Just noticed my last post appeared rather inappropriately under more serious discussion, apologies.

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    If it was my money then I would want more say who gets it, DWP have always seen our Dr as biased towards us that's why atos started, that said many gps got flack and reported when they wrote reports that stopped people getting benefits, thus GPs are happy to be out of the loop ......... think its on the bma site that it says many gps where reported by what they saw as vexiouts claims based on people not getting benefits
    ATOS wasn't started just because our Dr's were/are seen as biased towards patients, but because as you said "many gps got flack and reported when they wrote reports that stopped people getting benefits," so now the government have got their own Dr's; ATOS Dr's. Which you 'can't give flack to and report' ,so they've closed the leverage loophole, that we had recourse to, in our fight for our rights to benefits; as it was easier in the past to challenge a report, written by your own Dr, than it currently is to challenge an ATOS Dr......

Thank God that we still have the appeals and tribunal system.....

FM
    Expect the worst and hope for the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by susieboots View Post
    Just noticed my last post appeared rather inappropriately under more serious discussion, apologies.
    No probs Susieboots

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by susieboots View Post
    don't worry a post in the wrong thread might mean as a group in the end we manage to type the works of Shakespeare
    (some will understand)

We're not monkeys!!!! LMAO