Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: esa claim

esa claim

hi can someone confirm this for me. On sunday my son fell down stairs and broke his wrist and two fingers on his right hand, when eh spoke to the agency he works for they told him the job he was on was coming to an end anyway, so when his wrist is better to come down to the office any they will find him more work.[he dosnt actually work for them they are an employment agency he has been with for a couple of years]. my question is his wrist will take quite a few weeks to heel so is he entitled to esa until he retuns to work.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by sixchips View Post
    hi can someone confirm this for me. On sunday my son fell down stairs and broke his wrist and two fingers on his right hand, when eh spoke to the agency he works for they told him the job he was on was coming to an end anyway, so when his wrist is better to come down to the office any they will find him more work.[he dosnt actually work for them they are an employment agency he has been with for a couple of years]. my question is his wrist will take quite a few weeks to heel so is he entitled to esa until he retuns to work.
    depends what NI payments he has made, getting a sick note and of course filling in an ESA50 like anyone,

Maybe your son is entitled to SSP for 28 weeks from his current employer, whether his job is coming to an end or not. As long as he has paid enough NI contributions of course.

He can find out by contacting:

HMRC employees’ enquiry line
    Telephone: 0845 302 1479

https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/overview

thanks all, dw he was at collage for three years studying sport science, before taking a job with agency,so he has been paying ni for 12 months [19 years old] . hopefully he will be fit for work in 6 to 8 weeks according to doctor.

It depends on who pays his wages. Most agencies do not have SSP and if it was on contract to the firm then length of service may apply to getting SSP.

ta wobble, he spoke to agency earlier and he will not get ssp like you say, he has asked if they can put him on light duties after a couple of weeks, if they agree to that he will only lose a couple of weeks wages.

ta wobble, he spoke to agency earlier and he will not get ssp like you say, he has asked if they can put him on light duties after a couple of weeks, if they agree to that he will only lose a couple of weeks wages.
    I think that's about the best he could hope for. Oh and keep him away from stairs

Is he not entitled to Income Support in respect of any sort of sickness pay he may have been entitled to had he been fully paid up SSP ESA etc ??

He has a broken wrist which tells me he will be being seen by a hospital consultant . Phone the hospital and ask for an appointment with one of their social workers . They may see him they may not but if they do they will sort things out for him

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    Is he not entitled to Income Support in respect of any sort of sickness pay he may have been entitled to had he been fully paid up SSP ESA etc ??
    IS doesn't exist anymore. He could put in a claim for ESA but if he is being offered light duties then that will affect his claim. Also his claim may not be processed before he is back to full work.
    There are supposed to be rights for agency workers regarding SSP and other rights but most agencies work the loopholes.