Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DLA Advice

DLA Advice

DLA Advice
    Hello
    could anyone help me:
    I have applied for DLA once already.
    I have four bulging disks, Nerve pain in the back and down the legs, similar to Sciatica, (but not) painful to say the least.
    I have also got a crumbling and curvature of the spine, which are all very painful.
    I have also had a disk taken out as popped out and calcified
    Some days I can walk and others I cannot move an inch. Other days I am able to walk, but there isn't to many of those days
    I am now very depressed and its getting worse.
    I am on so many tablets it unbelievable.
    I also forget things very easily probs due to the morphine!!

Anyway I applied for DLA , as I cannot hold a job as it is my pain is so temperamental and I fear of just getting the sack for not turning in etc.

I got turned down and I was very disappointed.
    They had access to my medical records which shows all my tests and MRI's and operations
    I have not job and my husband cares for me so he has to get lads working for him!! and we are running out of money fast!!

Is there anyone out there can help me as I don't know what else to do.
    I am at the end of my tether, and my hubby and children are struggling to.
    Any help will be a bonus and thank you in advance

P.S I am not a scrounger I have worked all my life and I did enjoy working.
    Thank you x

Hi Mazza
    Not sure if you saw my reply on the other thread, so repeating it here.

Did you appeal when you were turned down? How long ago did you apply as there are time limits on appealing a decision and also how long before you can make a new claim. Also, DLA is now changing to PIP and the criteria on the claim forms are different to DLA.

I was turned down on my first claim, appealed but was taken into hospital and could not attend. I got DLA on 2nd time of claiming when I insisted on a home visit by a doctor appointed by DWP.

It sounds like you have a strong case for getting DLA, so I would suggest pursuing it. Either appeal if you are within the time limit. If not you will have to make a new claim. Insist on a home visit and have someone with you.

There are a lot of friendly helpful people on here who I know will be able to offer more advice.

Good luck
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzza View Post
    DLA Advice
    Hello
    could anyone help me:
    I have applied for DLA once already.
    I have four bulging disks, Nerve pain in the back and down the legs, similar to Sciatica, (but not) painful to say the least.
    I have also got a crumbling and curvature of the spine, which are all very painful.
    I have also had a disk taken out as popped out and calcified
    Some days I can walk and others I cannot move an inch. Other days I am able to walk, but there isn't to many of those days
    I am now very depressed and its getting worse.
    I am on so many tablets it unbelievable.
    I also forget things very easily probs due to the morphine!!

Anyway I applied for DLA , as I cannot hold a job as it is my pain is so temperamental and I fear of just getting the sack for not turning in etc.

I got turned down and I was very disappointed.
    They had access to my medical records which shows all my tests and MRI's and operations
    I have not job and my husband cares for me so he has to get lads working for him!! and we are running out of money fast!!

Is there anyone out there can help me as I don't know what else to do.
    I am at the end of my tether, and my hubby and children are struggling to.
    Any help will be a bonus and thank you in advance

P.S I am not a scrounger I have worked all my life and I did enjoy working.
    Thank you x
    being sick nor out of work will get you dla rather than list whats wrong with you, you need to focus on what you can and cant do

cooking meals distant you can walk help needed washing getting dressed can you lift things can you move from one seat to another do you use a wheel chair.

you need to seek expert advise to get dla because if you have filled in your dla form like you have posted here you will not get dla

but the good news is with help filling in the dla form which you can do again you have a better chance of getting dla next time around.

tests mri reports and access to the dr wont help, not being able to work wont hellp people work and get dla

clear information on what you can and cant do with details of all the help you need will make a better case.

start keeping a diary that will help

As bb64 said.
    It appears you didn't appeal, an answer to that will determine the way forward.

Make sure you get professional help from CAB or advice point that deals with benefits.
    Persevere definitely.
    My first DLA claim was turned down and I appealed late, then advice point centre I attended helped me to explain why I was applying late. One year on from that I was awarded LR CARE, so it may not all be lost.
    Whilst I was waiting for the tribunal appointment to come through, I re- applied for DLA and was awarded LR CARE & HR MOBILITY.
    The point I am making is it may be a little different with the new PIP but if you are turned down again, APPEAL and RE - APPLY.
    Don't lose faith xxx
    Good Luck

I did appeal against it but was turned down again.
    I missed the deadline for the tribunal as I was ill and couldn't focus on anything.
    I am devastated, I told them I couldn't cook without help, as I fall all the time my knees just give way.
    My doc knows all this, I cannot climb the stairs to bed so sleep on the sofa.
    I cannot walk around for very long if at all when I have a 'do' which knocks me out for a couple of days.
    I cannot climb in the bath and the list goes on and on, but still turned down.
    Yet my mum has exactly the same and she flies through it all and gets it every time.
    thank you for all your replies. I do really appreciate the time you have taken to do this for me xx

Oooopppss, missing Tribunal will have cooked your goose.
    As mentioned earlier you can re apply at a later date, although this will be dealt with under the new PIP and the rules are even stricter.
    All the best.

What do you mean by "deadline for the tribunal"? You have 13 months to challenge a decision from the date of notification - just give reasons for appealing late. if you're out of time, reapply and you can appeal that if it's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffLady View Post
    When I applied for DLA, I was turned down, I appealed and only had 28 days to get the Appeal back to them?
    Yes, but there are "special circumstances" in which a late appeal can be made giving a further 12 months
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Best to get it in, the "special circumstances" are fairly narrow...
    Illegitimi non carborundum