Thread: about medical

about medical

if dm as my dla claim will i still be required for medical? i do no they asked for copy of esa medical as have just been migrated in to support group of esa can anyone advise plz

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffLady View Post
    Hi jheart, sorry maybe misunderstood? You've applied for DLA/PIP and do you need a medical? Not necessarily. I didn't have a medical just attended a Tribunal. I'm in ESA Support and no medical there either.
    hi cardifflady,no im on esa (support group) i applied for dla and they said on phone claim with dm does this mean not required to even attend medical?if so how can they (if they do)deny benefit without medical

Hi jheart

I think they may have meant that your claim is with the DM and no decision has been made for PIP yet ? or am I mis-understanding your question ?

If you applied recently it will have been for PIP not DLA.

I applied for DLA about 10 years ago now but from what I remember a doctor visited me at home (dont know if they still do this) and I was refused DLA mobility and care, but I appealed and got high rate mobility. I applied a few months later for care and got high rate without even seeing anyone. I guess it is possible for them to deny you any PIP without a medical but thats when you need to appeal.

I hope I have understood your question