Thread: Abolishment of SDP when Universal Credits take effect.

Abolishment of SDP when Universal Credits take effect.

In checking out information for a previous post, I was appalled when I discovered that the severe disability premium is to transitionally phased out with the arrival of the new universal credit!

http://thehardesthit.wordpress.com/2...ility-premium/

I do hope he reapplied for his DLA x This is the SYSTEM at its worst.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffLady View Post
    My neighbour (say neighbour lives one street away). Last year they removed his SDP and his DLA and put him into WRAG. He's totally unemployable. Had a work accident broke his neck - surgery through his throat etc. He's more of a labourer etc and his reading and writing skills are appalling. The only work he's ever done for 30 years is hard labour.

He can barely walk - GP's have to visit him in his home etc, his flat is completely adapted - they removed the SDP without warning/notice and then two weeks later - no DLA either. He went from about £250 a week to £101 a week.
    I thought it was just me that had changes made without being told. Have the DWP stopped sending out letters now to save that little bit more money?

When i was at Job Centre Minus the other day, the guy who i was directed towards said at the end of a lengthy conversation "you might not be able to pick up a shovel any more, but you could still pick up a pen"!!!
    Illegitimi non carborundum