Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first back to work interview at job centre plus TODAY .

Really glad it was okay for you. Were you aware that no-one can refuse a disabled person to use their staff toilet? Even petrol stations!

Hi Lucky. I will echo what susie said, happy it all went ok, well as good as it could be given the stress etc.
    Susie, I did not know that people could not refuse use of a staff toilet for disabled people, thanks for the info.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

My pleasure, I can't remember where or who I obtained that information, only that I remember it was a reliable source.

I know this post has come to a natural end really but I remembered years ago when I was self catheterising and I asked in Boots if there was a toilet I could use and was old no ! Perhaps this is a new rule. It's difficult though because if they say no, where do you go from there ? I am much more disabled now so need disabled toilets so staff ones (unless disabled) oils be no good anyway.

Do you know when this rule came in SB ? I know the Spina Bifida charities do cards explaining that people may need to use a toilet ASAP along with IBS charities too

Hi Maureen, I am only informed that you need to state you are disabled and have a condition which requires you to access a toilet. If they refuse, request to see the Manager. I will make enquiries, as I am sure others will on this subject.

Have you got a Radar key incidentally? For public disabled loos. If not, you can buy one at any shopmobility outlet for £3 which will give access all over the country.

Glad it went well! Although I find it shocking tat they didn't have a disabled toilet..

In my experience I found/find these WFI a waste of their time and mine.Had my first WFI in December last year and received a letter to attend a second one in a few weeks.Between these appointments I have never heard a peep from them