Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Wood ex Atos doctor blows the whistle on Atos

Greg Wood ex Atos doctor blows the whistle on Atos

Just seen on the news a ex Atos doctor Greg Wood has gone public and blown the whistle on Atos.. Thank god for that man..
    BBC News - Disability benefit assessments 'unfair', says ex-worker

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22546036
    Last edited by tommo; 16-05-13 at 17:38.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
    Just seen on the news a ex Atos doctor Greg Wood has gone public and blown the whistle on Atos.. Thank god for that man..
    BBC News - Disability benefit assessments 'unfair', says ex-worker

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22546036
    As much as I think that atos are a bunch of cowboys, something not right here ..........The Dr took two and a half years to come to this conclusion, this is at a time support group numbers has gone from 10% to over 30% and the numbers sent for medicals down to 40%

It took him two and a half years to come to the conculsion that ATOS are in his words "unfair" ? most people I know who have been in contact with atos know something is wrong in 2 and a half mins.

I wonder if he needed this job ? and that's why he never came forward before?

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by goosegog View Post
    I wonder if he needed this job ? and that's why he never came forward before?
    He has been on the tv BEFORE last time was when he was standing in a by election not sure which party, 16 years in the navy would have been enough to get a pension of £19,000 aprox paid as soon as he left

Oh .. Now the picture is clearer

vikstar
    To me, it is quite understandable that it has taken 21/2 years to come out with this.

All ATOS medics have to sign the Official Secrets Act and other Corporate Confidentiality Agreements.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...al-secrets-act

Just look what went on for years in the Mid-Staffs Hospital Scandal before it came to light. Since the Mid-Staffs Enquiry, "Whistle Blowing" has been encouraged.

It takes quite a lot of bottle to break ranks and "Whistle Blow" especially with the threat of litigation hanging over you.

One of the reasons that a lot more claimants are now entitled to ESA is the fact that there has been a lot of adverse publicity regarding ATOS and The WCA in the media. It is also down to the many campaign groups who have fought this relentlessly.

Another factor is that claimants are a lot more informed than they used to be regarding the many pitfalls in the ESA WCA process. Proof of this can be seen on the many forums, where a lot more people are there to help and advise others.

If you go back 2 or 3 years, the one's that "Knew the score" were in the minority.

Let's just hope he does the right thing now...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm not sure why folks are questioning his motives. It because you think he is trying to obtain some sort of media celebrity status?
    He's telling the truth and any exposure of this corrupt system is surely a good thing.
    OR have I missed something suspect, again.

It is good that someone who has worked for ATOS, has come forward with a statement like this. But, to sick/disabled people who have to go through this tortuous process, it comes as no surprise. We all know that there are "bad practices" and flawed assessments within ATOS. What we want now, is for someone to do something about it! But, we know that will not happen. It does not matter how many people come forward and blow the whistle, or how many appeals, complaints etc flood in, this system will not change. This GOVERNMENT, in my opinion, is evil, uncaring, unfeeling and just out for itself and the rich.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post
    It is good that someone who has worked for ATOS, has come forward with a statement like this. But, to sick/disabled people who have to go through this tortuous process, it comes as no surprise. We all know that there are "bad practices" and flawed assessments within ATOS. What we want now, is for someone to do something about it! But, we know that will not happen. It does not matter how many people come forward and blow the whistle, or how many appeals, complaints etc flood in, this system will not change. This GOVERNMENT, in my opinion, is evil, uncaring, unfeeling and just out for itself and the rich.
    One part of me agrees with you 100% but there is still that very small part that lives in hope that these $^&(!?> will be brought to question and any truths, no matter how small, will bring that about asap.