Thread: complex regional pain syndrome among other things

fibrogirl

Post complex regional pain syndrome among other things

I'm just wondering and need guidance, i have been receiving Incapacity Benefit for 6 years since an accident at work , when Thursday last 9th May, i received through the post a letter informing me i would be getting a phone call from ESA , regarding my continued benefits.

Among other things i have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Full Left Leg Disability, Hodgkins' Lymphoma Cancer , type 2 Diabetes Arthritis and Depression, how many of these illnesses do the medical people; who do medical interviews, take into consideration which group i would end up in? i;e work related group, support group etc.:confused

How many of these illnesses do any of you guys out there have ? and how have you gotten on with the medicals? as this is worrying me a great deal

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by fibrogirl View Post
    I'm just wondering and need guidance, i have been receiving Incapacity Benefit for 6 years since an accident at work , when Thursday last 9th May, i received through the post a letter informing me i would be getting a phone call from ESA , regarding my continued benefits.

Among other things i have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Full Left Leg Disability, Hodgkins' Lymphoma Cancer , type 2 Diabetes Arthritis and Depression, how many of these illnesses do the medical people; who do medical interviews, take into consideration which group i would end up in? i;e work related group, support group etc.:confused

How many of these illnesses do any of you guys out there have ? and how have you gotten on with the medicals? as this is worrying me a great deal
    welcome to the forum ....... the illness does not matter with ESA unlike IB paid for being sick ESA is paid because of what you can and can not manage ............ someone could post the same list and get different points or group placing to you. go to dwp web site and download ESA50 and have a look at the questions see where you fit in

Had to admit that I thought quite ignorantly that the assessors would go on what illnesses one presented but it's not so and cannot be emphasised strongly enough, it's not what you suffer from, it's how it/they affects your daily life.