Thread: ESA - Evidence from PAs

ESA - Evidence from PAs

Hello there everyone, I hope your weather is better than here in not so sunny Cornwall.

I was just wondering if supporting statements from my 2 PAs/carers would help when I send in my form. I have been on IB for nearly 10 years and I'm on hgh rate care and mobility DLA. I have 2 carers working for me (paid for by DASC and ILF) and between them they work 9 hours a day and of course they do my most intimate care and was wondering if supporting statements from both of them would make any difference to my upcoming claim for ESA ?

Thanks for reading

Nope. Pretty miserable here in not so sunny Dorset.

To me, any supporting evidence that is relevant and shows how your illness / disability affects you (and, ergo, your ability to work) is good evidence. So, yes, send them along with your form and anything else that you think is worthwhile - including a copy of your latest prescription. It's the Decision Maker's job to sort out the evidence.

You are technically correct, CL. They should be part of as much evidence as possible including a GP's report etc. You want to build up as full a picture as possible.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
    Hello there everyone, I hope your weather is better than here in not so sunny Cornwall.

I was just wondering if supporting statements from my 2 PAs/carers would help when I send in my form. I have been on IB for nearly 10 years and I'm on hgh rate care and mobility DLA. I have 2 carers working for me (paid for by DASC and ILF) and between them they work 9 hours a day and of course they do my most intimate care and was wondering if supporting statements from both of them would make any difference to my upcoming claim for ESA ?

Thanks for reading

Imo it might help if they wrote how they carry out tasks you cant manage with some detail

Thanks everyone, its pretty annoying because of course your GP only see's you for 10 minutes (if your lucky) every few months and yet my carers are with me 9 hours a day.
    I do have a letter from my Neurosurgeon saying that he operated to halt the progression of my spinal cord tethering not to improve my mobility so I'm hoping that will be evidence too. I haven't seeing him since he operated 6 years ago because there is nothing more he can do because it was nerve damage caused through medical negligence and I was diagnosed too late

hi Maureen i would send them in they know how you're affected then the medical evidence letters could be all technical stuff to back up you're claim good luck with it all xx

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. I very much appreciate it. I think I may hang around in this forum everyone is very friendly and helpful. Thanks once again

Hi Maureen
    I sent in copies of my care plan with my application for DLA and ESA. I don't know if it helped, but I am sure it could not harm your application. Good luck and I hope the weather improves. I used to live in Cornwall and really miss it.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

To date just letters from my GP and a copy of prescription have place me in SG ESA and awarded carers/mobility DLA. I've deteriorated since both of these applications but the more I read (all wrapped up in my anxiety disorder) means I am doing more preparation for future renewals. The general feeling I get is it is getting harder and harder just to retain the status quo. My heart goes out to those less conginatably able due to illness/disability/age facing the same "fight" especially as the screw is also being turned on the assistance available .. Citizens Advise, free legal aid etc. Making forums like this more and more valuable.