Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: driver wrong?

Red face driver wrong?

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE PARKING COMPANY IS GIVEN THE WRONG DETAILS ;IE WRONG DRIVER ? for example

I am not exactly sure what you mean. I would have thought that the only details that a Parking Company would require would be the Registration Number of the Car.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

For a start they got the colour of the car wrong. the driver , infact the one they are refering to as the dri ver doesnt know the first thing about driving!

Is this query in relation to a parking fine?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Yes, Im begining to think it is all a scam ,where do these people get there info from anyway ?

If they get the details of the vehicle wrong, there is a chance you can contest the fine. I once got a fine for being 2 minutes late getting back to my car and had a parking ticket. When I looked closely at the ticket, they had got 2 of the license plate letters the wrong way round. I went to the council office, (it was a council run car park) and said that is not my car on the ticket. They asked for my car registration and I said, you don't need to know that, all you need to know is that reg on the ticket is not my car. They dropped the fine. I am not sure how it works with private companies though. But it is worth looking into, to see if you can contest the fine.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/advice...arking-ticket/

Not sure if this will be of any help?
    Will try and find some more info for you if poss.

http://www.claimsfinancial.co.uk/par...king-fine.aspx

This one has quite a lot of info.

Thanks babyblu64, After their snotty response that Ive had I had let them take it the full hog , Ive been told if it goes to county courts they ask for your driving licence

I really doubt they will take it to court, they use that as a threat only.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs