Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jobcentreplus want to review my payments - I am 69 Why?

jobcentreplus want to review my payments - I am 69 Why?

I am 69 and receive dla higher mobility and lower attendance allowance. Jobcentreplus compliance officer wants to see me to review my payments. can anyone suggest why please? The form is CCVL1

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbee View Post
    I am 69 and receive dla higher mobility and lower attendance allowance. Jobcentreplus compliance officer wants to see me to review my payments. can anyone suggest why please? The form is CCVL1
    so many people get picked each year its common, people don't seem to have a problem with it unless you have done something wrong?

Nothing wrong maybe I am concerned because dla is changing so much and I thought that changes did not apply to over 65

The changes don't apply to those over 65, but the DWP still have a right to look at your benefit at any time.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

It seems that a Compliance Officer works from the Fraud department, so maybe someone has called the benefits hotline?

Don't be too worried about it.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee View Post
    Do you mean 'lower rate care' DLA has 'attendance allowance' is a different benefit ????

Indeed, Customer Compliance Officers deal with low level cases where serious wrongdoing is not suspected as such. Usually someone with a grudge will tip off these people - and lets face it, with the anti-disabled spin created by the Gov't, it's hardly surprising. I had a C.C.O visit last year, they queried an old bank account which was closed about 5 years ago. They apologised for their old records and left - how bizarre is that. As others have said, try not to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by MUD View Post
    as said, maybe a random check.

I assume you had the HRM before you rertired
    and claimed the AA after retirment age,

as DLA cannot be claimed after retirement age only AA, which has no Mobility elemant. maybe your benefit payments looks odd on their system. IMO.
    if you have done nothing wrong, don't worry, they may even find you can claim other benefits also
    I took it that the OP meant to write lower care component of DLA not lower attendance.
    If you're already on DLA when you reach 65 you don't suddenly claim AA, do you ?
    Surely it is only new claimants over 65 who have to claim AA.

As for being over 65 you as an existing claimant providing you meet the requirements stay on DLA . Been there, done it, got the T shirt.
    I was randomly chosen this year under the right payment programme, this is to make sure you are receiving the right amount of DLA
    Last edited by Blueeyes; 10-05-13 at 18:30.

If one is receiving DLA at age 65, then one may make further claim to either component after age 65 should circustances change.

Quote Originally Posted by MUD View Post
    just swerving to the right here,
    Blueeyes, what is stopping a person from being on just DLA Mobility no care componeant
    before retirement and so carrying the M, DLA, through into retirment, and once into retirement their circustances change and so needs to apply for the care elemant which would be AA

or is that not possible ? I took it as the OP wrote it,

back on rhe straight again
    Ah yes I can see how you're looking at it now .