Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The role of a Tribunal Judge...

The role of a Tribunal Judge...

...anyone able to point me at where this is defined?
    TIA
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Cheers Dave, I'd already come across that page, it doesn't explain the role either.
    Guess i'll have to read the The Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act (2007) and hope that i don't have to read all 312 pages before finding it...

It's about my ESA appeal CL, it felt like an ambush from a prosecutor rather than an inquisitorial role by someone intending on reaching a balanced view.
    I'm seriously considering a complaint against her, which will be aided by the audio recording. It's something i could really do without, but something i think really needs to be done.

I could be wrong, but i understood DLA tribunals to be constituted differently, isn't there supposed to be a lay disabled person on the panel there?

2 for ESA
    3 for DLA

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffLady View Post
    (sorry a terrible week for me).
    No worries. Me too :-(

Try not to worry about it too much, mine was awful but i've had many and this is the only one that has been so.
    I was unlucky in that i had a jumped up solicitor enjoying her new found power for the day.

She made a particular issue with me walking from my car to the Tribunal building, i used Google maps for a look around the area for a parking spot (since visitors are not permitted in the building's car park), i found the closest i could park was about 180 metres away. They seemed to take no notice of the fact that it was a struggle for me, and no notice of the fact that i was stuck in the middle of crossing the road for about 5 minutes due to sheer weight of traffic.

Is there someone who could go with you and perhaps drop you at the door while they go park up the car? Or contact them by telephone to try initiating a response on your taxi request?

hi cardifflady i just wanted to wish you luck with the tribunal fingers crossed for you xx

hi cardifflady. At the hearing you are given a claim form for expenses, so make sure you obtain a receipt from the taxi, then take a photocopy and post it off, I think we waited 2-3 weeks. We were not lucky with our tribunal, we felt it was because so much back pay was at stake. As soon as we arrived home we made a new claim for both, as advised by the tribunal clerk, who sits in at the hearing. We was awarded high rate of both for 2 years. The mind boggles. We found the disability advisor was awful, the worst out of the three on the panel. We were just unlucky. Good luck for yours next week every case is different. Venue comes into it as well as was told after we changed venue to east London that it is one of the worst around, as already waited 18 months and was told it would be another 4 months for our local venue. Wished we would have waited for our local venue, who knows what the outcome would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffLady View Post
    With all the evidence they have to-date - 150 pages, hopefully more on Monday when a copy of all my Medical Records will be arriving by courier, so will be going armed with more documents (fingers crossed).
    More is not necessarily better, you risk P- - - ing them off with that lot, try to keep it relevant stick to the pertinent facts and has short as possible. I had one 2 yrs ago, 21/2 page submission & 4or5 pages of evidence and won, they don't like waffle and don't have the time for it. GOOD LUCK

Devil's advocate
    Davewit, You are of course entitled to your opinion and if you want to believe it had no bearing on the case that's your opinion, but I'll be more open then happyhamm3r, they would have made it eighteen months back pay, there was no more evidence supplied yet 8 days later we are awarded high rate for both, now again this is my opinion, but I believe there's some logic to that particular award, they saved money. Oh and Dave, we had three at the table, and the disabled advisor was there just to say to us that there's nothing wrong with you, then eight days later sense was seen, or money saved...it's just my opinion.