Thread: How long? IB to ESA

How long? IB to ESA

So I filled in the form and posted it back at the end of April, just wondered how long it would take before I get a decision. North West based... Apparently thousands have been sent out, so thousands must have been returned. I feel like I'm in a state of suspended animation... just waiting and waiting. I cancelled a short holiday, as I really wouldn't be able to enjoy it whilst waiting for this, it's like a big black cloud following me around.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay123 View Post
    So I filled in the form and posted it back at the end of April, just wondered how long it would take before I get a decision. North West based... Apparently thousands have been sent out, so thousands must have been returned. I feel like I'm in a state of suspended animation... just waiting and waiting. I cancelled a short holiday, as I really wouldn't be able to enjoy it whilst waiting for this, it's like a big black cloud following me around.
    mine took less than 5 weeks support group no medical others waited 9 months than asked for medical

where you live is not the office dealing with your claim in my case I live in kent london area and the manchester office did the transfer

I had pre done my esa50 by downloading it from dwp site and had my letters froms drs ready oldest was 11 years newest a couple of months old.......... could have sent loads more but cherry picked as some one asked a question under the FOI as to how long the DM spends on each form and its 10 mins

Mine took about 5 weeks too with no medical and placed in the Suport Group. I too sent shed loads of medical info.

Very intersting about DM's only spending 10 mins per ESA50 form. How on earth can they absorb what one has written and understand it? Absolutely crazy.

returned my ESA50 over Christmas , just had medical 2 weeks ago... sent in a shed load of supporting evidence and still in limbo.... and I don't think its the area cos I am also in Kent

hi jay123 i sent mine off early april heard nothing yet and like an idiot i didn't send evidence so i guess i will have to go to a dreaded medical where computer says no lol so like you in limbo and the stress of it all makes you more ill keep you're chin up

i am on the 5th week now and the postal people have announced a strike to top things

wonder if Manchester is the main Hub?

well busy week here with hospital and doctors appointments so time will soon fly by.

Im like you Mikey, but only on week 4 and the nails are well and truly chewed, does that mean because my mouth works i will fall into the wrag side of things, the mind boggles lol, hope everyone waiting a decision has good news when it comes.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by ivb View Post
    Mine took about 5 weeks too with no medical and placed in the Suport Group. I too sent shed loads of medical info.

Very intersting about DM's only spending 10 mins per ESA50 form. How on earth can they absorb what one has written and understand it? Absolutely crazy.
    I think they also only spend 15 mins on DLA claims someone who runs a web site and asks questions under the FOI act got the data will try searching and post a link

Sent mine off in early December, still waiting. Apparently have to have a medical but they are waiting for a doctor, so don't know how long I will have to wait. Stopped worrying about it now, what's the point.