Thread: Cameron needs to look at this one.

Cameron needs to look at this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...worked-UK.html

This is one for Cameron and co to look into.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I believe they plan to and it will be in the upcoming Queens Speech. Just hope they dont mess it up like many initiatives they have

Seems to me that pensioners who might want to move abroad when they reach retirement age are being targeted. In my opinion it's another easy target for this despicable government to attack, for instance if i wanted to move abroad for health reasons my wife of 41years wouldn't receive any state pension of her own as she stayed at home and brought up our three children, then had to look after me when i became ill, she has worked part time for 30 years but hasn't earned enough to pay NI contributions. who said "we'll make work pay" Rubbish!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by art446 View Post
    Seems to me that pensioners who might want to move abroad when they reach retirement age are being targeted. In my opinion it's another easy target for this despicable government to attack, for instance if i wanted to move abroad for health reasons my wife of 41years wouldn't receive any state pension of her own as she stayed at home and brought up our three children, then had to look after me when i became ill, she has worked part time for 30 years but hasn't earned enough to pay NI contributions. who said "we'll make work pay" Rubbish!!!!!!
    As I understand it this isnt an attack on pensioners moving abroad but rather people who never lived in the UK getting a pension.

Under the new rules I believe people who have paid very little NI, carers, stay at home parents etc will actually get a full pension rather then very little as now. My wife is one who is likely to benefit. If we both move abroad we still receive it.

However, if I left my wife, moved abroad and remarried a local national she wont receive anything. Which seems fair to me. Not that this is anything I'm planning to do!!

Strange turn of events, my wife who works part time and gets the carers allowance, but pays no tax will get an improved pension whilst I work full time, pay lots of tax is looking at a 25% reduction in my company pension