Thread: Husband has health problems- not sure what to do anymore

sunshine_girl

Husband has health problems- not sure what to do anymore

My husband has health problems which seem to be getting worse. I've tried my best to be supportive, but I also have my own health problems (although nowhere near as severe.) We have kids and its really not easy, but we manage. Tonight, for the first time ever, I have felt like "Can I spend the rest of my life doing this?" The thought made me feel really really upset and I was almost crying. I love my husband and I want to stand by him, but I think I'm just burnt out. He is yet to get a diagnosis, and is currently having tests done.

I don't know how I could ever bring such a subject up with him, it wouldn't even be fair to. He has stuck by me through some really tough time and I feel I should do the same, I just don't know if I'm capable of it

Does anyone have any advice please? I know I'm a terrible person for feeling this way so please don't be too hard on me.

Hi hun definately speak to your gp or health visitor,if you dont have family who can help.We all get to this stage at one time or another.I cant say no to people and end up forgetting me!
    Just a day out by yourself or a day in bed will make all the difference.Also speak to your hubby,you love each other and he wouldnt want you to be so desolate.See what you can do together to resolve your problem.He will probably be suprised as men tend to not see the bigger picture!
    Perhaps a day of just the two of you having a nice time,without the kids,will recharge your batteries.It doesnt have to cost anything,sit in the garden and have a picnic,walk in the park,pamper each other.I often get hubby to have his shower then I cut his hair,shave him then give him a massage or head rub.Do his feet (mine has diabetes so his feet are important!)Read to each other or share a crossword,cook together.I could go on,and he would agree with that!Best of luck and we are always here!Maz x

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine_girl View Post
    My husband has health problems which seem to be getting worse. I've tried my best to be supportive, but I also have my own health problems (although nowhere near as severe.) We have kids and its really not easy, but we manage. Tonight, for the first time ever, I have felt like "Can I spend the rest of my life doing this?" The thought made me feel really really upset and I was almost crying. I love my husband and I want to stand by him, but I think I'm just burnt out. He is yet to get a diagnosis, and is currently having tests done.

I don't know how I could ever bring such a subject up with him, it wouldn't even be fair to. He has stuck by me through some really tough time and I feel I should do the same, I just don't know if I'm capable of it

Does anyone have any advice please? I know I'm a terrible person for feeling this way so please don't be too hard on me.
    You should be able to talk to him about it, so is it a case that you think you can't rather than assuming he won't like it?
    We all have wobbly times in our lives full of indecision and doubts but if you have a solid foundation then all things are possible.....so do you have a solid foundation?????

hi sunshine girl don't be too hard on yourself it's hard on fit people to support their loved ones when illness strikes so when you're ill too it must be much more difficult you need to talk to him keeping you're worries to you're self is going to lead to disaster do you have any support from outside you're household (family or friends )who maybe able to take the pressure off also talk to you're gp they maybe able to help you