Thread: whats this???

whats this???

Hi all .
    my son put in a claim a week ago for carers allowence for looking after me plus was advised to also put in a claim for i.s....anyway today hes recieved a letter(well slip of paper) saying "with compliments" "hi .... We have booked you a appointment at ..... Job centre on ..may 2013 .please bring (my name) with you at 10 am please bring in thanks"

What is this? My son was only assessed himself wednesday by mental health team and no way could we get there...what do i do??? just like to point out my son gets no money at all of his own thats why advised by bel to apply and also because of his and mine mental problems felt itvwould be the easier of things for him to do as he wont talk to anyone or be around strangers amingst other thigs...i realise that maybe some on here may not see mental health illnesses as important as physical..i am also physically disablef but had nowhere else to turn

Eeeek???? Oh dear now i am worrying the note seems all nice and friendly ??? God am i naive???

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
    Hi all .
    my son put in a claim a week ago for carers allowence for looking after me plus was advised to also put in a claim for i.s....anyway today hes recieved a letter(well slip of paper) saying "with compliments" "hi .... We have booked you a appointment at ..... Job centre on ..may 2013 .please bring (my name) with you at 10 am please bring in thanks"

What is this? My son was only assessed himself wednesday by mental health team and no way could we get there...what do i do??? just like to point out my son gets no money at all of his own thats why advised by bel to apply and also because of his and mine mental problems felt itvwould be the easier of things for him to do as he wont talk to anyone or be around strangers amingst other thigs...i realise that maybe some on here may not see mental health illnesses as important as physical..i am also physically disablef but had nowhere else to turn
    hard to know why they want to see you, but if he's sick too they might question his ability to look after you.......have you said or done anything that could have caused them to be concered about the claim ?

no not at all??? i guess we kinda have looked after eachother esp last few months since he became ill,i think im more of a comfort than anything to him keep him calm,but he also does same with me as strange as that sounds,i cant have been easy to grow up around as i am often one minute in floods of tears the next happy,suicidal,shouting..a nightmare really! also he has always helped me to get up,helps with various things but now as i say the last few months he became ill himself..do i blame myself..yes i do.we was very honest on both forms and as i say only applied because bel suggested he first go on dla but i know he cant face the medical so they then suggested as did someone on here that maybe he try carers and i.s which we have and now this,i know that everyone now says they have agorophobia and cant go to jc and i dont judge or doubt anyone as this is one of the illnesses i have myself and which the mental health team mentioned my son having the other day,stress,stress and more stress

Weird. People on IS are often called in to the JC. Not sure why you've been asked to come. Perhaps JCP doesn't believe you agree for him to be your carer? Not sure. If you or he can't go, tell them why.

well thats what i thought cos slip of paper seemed really nice and friendly,im the one that actually filled in forms cos they was easy enough to fill in and he signed them

You could call them and ask if they would do a home visit.
    They just want to check that you are both who you are saying you are.

ahh ok ,yes i will call them first thing tuesday..thank you for all advice

hi all,well i rang the jcp on tuesday,the man i spoke to said it was about the carers but didnt elaborate?just said its probably to see what other benefits we may be entitled too.. i explained about my son and that he was just given a mental health assessnent a week ago and that there was no way he'd be able to go jc..the man then said he would take my number and pass it to the woman who the appt was with and she'd be in touch ,but its now thursday and ive heard nothing??shiould i ring back or wait and see if she does contact me/my son??