Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is NI paid whilst in receipt of ESA?

Is NI paid whilst in receipt of ESA?

Can anyone help with this question please?
    I was on IB for about 10 years, then migrated to ESA last year. Following a ftf interview, I was put into CB Support group. I then had another form in November last year and was kept in CB Support group, this time with no medical/ftf. Is NI paid whilst on ESA? Would this mean I would qualify for CB based again? My partner works as well as being my main carer. Because of his earnings, I know I would not qualify for IR ESA. Although he works, we are not well off, (are any of us?), so would struggle without my ESA.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post
    I was on IB for about 10 years, then migrated to ESA last year. Following a ftf interview, I was put into CB Support group. I then had another form in November last year and was kept in CB Support group, this time with no medical/ftf. Is NI paid whilst on ESA? Would this mean I would qualify for CB based again? My partner works as well as being my main carer. Because of his earnings, I know I would not qualify for IR ESA. Although he works, we are not well off, (are any of us?), so would struggle without my ESA.
    Yes you get NI credit and CB ESA in SG is forever, well as long as nothing changes for you and the Govt don't come up with another great idea.

Thanks again wobble. Thats both questions you have helped with today.
    I can say that my health/mobility will only change for the worse, so hopefully I will not have problems staying in SG. But like you say, the Government will find a way to take it away if they can.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

or you fall down your drain.

Lol, wobble. I would probably get wedged there forever. That would make an interesting excuse for not attending a ftf interview!!!

Lol, wobble. I would probably get wedged there forever. That would make an interesting excuse for not attending a ftf interview!!!
    They would still find you fit for work......maybe with dynarod.

davewhit
    The NI being paid while in support group is not one that would re qualify you for any contribution based benefit

whats paid is NI credit NOT contribution all it does is pay your stamp so when you get older you will have enough credits to get an OAP

question? i've been on IB for 10years plus so would i be entitled to any CB if put into WRAG i worked before i got ill and i know i wouldn't be entitled to IB as my partner works

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    question? i've been on IB for 10years plus so would i be entitled to any CB if put into WRAG i worked before i got ill and i know i wouldn't be entitled to IB as my partner works
    yes you would get it I think for 365 days then it would stop and you would only get cash again if you got worse and could show you should be in support group

i should be in support group based on discriptors but not confident in the whole system so i will have to wait and see what the DM comes up with and take it from there thanks dave