Thread: Anyone else had this? Transferring from I.B to ESA

Question Anyone else had this? Transferring from I.B to ESA

just interested to know if anyone else has received this kind of letter on transferring from I.B to ESA?

i sent back my ESA50 form a while ago then shortly after sending i got a brown envelope which we all dread informing me that my benefit was increasing and as long as no changes then i would get it every year with a bonus.

so far i have only seen one other person on here who mentioned this sort of letter so would like to hear from anyone else who also got this sort of benefit letter on transferring from I.B to ESA.

to date after sending my ESA form this is the only letter i have received although i am expecting some kind of result be it what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    just interested to know if anyone else has received this kind of letter on transferring from I.B to ESA?

i sent back my ESA50 form a while ago then shortly after sending i got a brown envelope which we all dread informing me that my benefit was increasing and as long as no changes then i would get it every year with a bonus.

so far i have only seen one other person on here who mentioned this sort of letter so would like to hear from anyone else who also got this sort of benefit letter on transferring from I.B to ESA.

to date after sending my ESA form this is the only letter i have received although i am expecting some kind of result be it what ever.
    Could the letter be referring to DLA?

rich i got a letter from dla regarding changes to the benefit (pip) and also increase in benefit but this one was relating to I.B and for the last few years i have had the same letter.

i did ask someone else about this last year but they had never heard of it so am puzzled why they sent it when i am changing to ESA, it came a short while after i sent back the ESA form.

It might have just crossed paths.

I've just been migrated but my payments under ESA don't start just yet.

If your IB award was converted to ESA and the amount of ESA you're assessed as being entitled to was more than the award of IB, then it will go up each year with inflation.

If your IB award was higher than the amount of ESA you would have got if you hadn't been converted, a "transitional amount" is added in to the calculation, which does not increase with inflation.

Beyond that, I haven't a clue!

davewhit

sounds more like the yearly update letter,there was no way the ib to esa letter could be mistaken for anything else says its a transfer letter went on to say which group in listed new payment and start date

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    sounds more like the yearly update letter,there was no way the ib to esa letter could be mistaken for anything else says its a transfer letter went on to say which group in listed new payment and start date
    Same thing here, just crossing in the post.

vikstar

As you will continue to receive IB until the DWP DM has made a decision on an ESA award, or not, this letter sounds very much like the normal annual benefit uprating letter.

You will not be in receipt of ESA until a you are either placed into the WRAG or Support Group.