Thread: Universal Credit

Universal Credit

So it looks as all benefits will be done online now, I pressume benefits will be upgraded accoringly to pay for your internet connection and computer etc. I mean not everyone has internet connection and not every one can go to the libery or Job Centre, Ive got the feeling somewhat this just aint going to work Your Verict please

I am very concerned about the fraud aspect of doing it online tbh. Also, will the website etc hold up to everyone doing the forms online? i am lucky enough to have internet, but like you say, some do not have it and are unable to get out to the library etc. And we know things will go wrong, or take forever to go through the system, so it will probably still involve costly phone calls to find out what is happening with your claim.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    So it looks as all benefits will be done online now, I pressume benefits will be upgraded accoringly to pay for your internet connection and computer etc. I mean not everyone has internet connection and not every one can go to the libery or Job Centre, Ive got the feeling somewhat this just aint going to work Your Verict please
    I agree. If you are on a low income then phone lines and internet are usually one of the first to go at £20 pm minimum. Also it assumes that everyone is able to use the internet or able to learn.
    Once again this is about savng money for the DWP not about any difficulty it will cause to claimants.

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar
    Thanks Wobble, as my husband is not able to use the internet or able to learn due to his cognitive impairment or able to set an alarm clock...

Not everyone is able to have someone trustworthy to do this for them, as social workers etc often don't write things out in the way that you explain it and they twist what you say and screw you over, unless you have a very good social worker etc...

P.S. Just a quick tip:

I was trying to explain to my husband last week that when I fill in DWP forms and I am writing that there is something that he is unable to do, that I always write "he cannot do ...(whatever it is)" and that I never write "he can't do ...(whatever it is)" the reason that I use cannot instead of can't is that a ('t) could easily be erased by unscrupulous persons which then leaves it to read as "he can do ...(whatever it is) or could more easily be misread as can instead of can't.

My husband laughed and said that they can't change the words, I said, no they shouldn't but they could.

FM
    Expect the worst and hope for the best!!!