Thread: Completely Paranoid ...

Completely Paranoid ...

Today , I feel so paranoid about this esa... Ok so I filled in the forms correctly . My carer ( paid for by Social services) wrote a support letter. Yet, I still have to go for the Medical ? I have complex health conditions , by their score thing ( sorry I cant remember what it's called) I have scored at least 30 points. I phoned up the Job centre today and asked why ? He said ' I can't understand this . From what I can see you would have been one of the small number that are put straight into the Support group , but haven't as I have to go for the Medical. Could it be the GP's report ?

[.. Well, I have just had a phone call from the assessment team in Hyde. He said ' can I help you,' I asked why I had to go for the Medical with the illnesses I have.... He said ' everybody has too only those that have a terminal illness or extreme condition don't have too and we need a Letter from your GP '.... I said surely that isn't quite correct as I know of people that have been ut straight into the Support group.. He then told me to put in for Pension Credits because I would become a Pensioner in 2015... He even gave me their phone number... I phoned the Pension credit line and they told me he had got it wrong as I could NOT put in for pension credits until the year I became eligible for a Pension..... Do they actually know what there're doing !!

Quote Originally Posted by goosegog View Post
    [.. Well, I have just had a phone call from the assessment team in Hyde. He said ' can I help you,' I asked why I had to go for the Medical with the illnesses I have.... He said ' everybody has too only those that have a terminal illness or extreme condition don't have too and we need a Letter from your GP '.... I said surely that isn't quite correct as I know of people that have been ut straight into the Support group.. He then told me to put in for Pension Credits because I would become a Pensioner in 2015... He even gave me their phone number... I phoned the Pension credit line and they told me he had got it wrong as I could NOT put in for pension credits until the year I became eligible for a Pension..... Do they actually know what there're doing !!
    Perhaps the rules for Pension Credit has changed, I do not know if they have or not. I can only say what happened to me. I used to be on IB & IS and then when I was 60 I was taken off IS and put on to IB & Pension Credit. I remained on that until I became 65 and then I was put on the State Pension and Pension Credit.

I was on Pension Credit for a full 5 years before I was eligible for the State Pension, so as I say perhaps they have now changed the rules like all the rest they have changed.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Thanks , both of you and Kodiak , I will look into the Pension because it surely can't have changed that much ?

Pension Credit was from age 60 for years. However, as with all things, it's being changed. It's slowly being raised in line with the standard pension age. At this particular moment it is (I think) 62 and will move towards 66 over the next few years.

EDIT: This link might be helpful.

Thanks RaeUK... and I miss it by 1 blerdy day