Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 94

Thread: Appeal today...

  1. #21
    Senior Member acheron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    sheffield
    Posts
    939
    i'm so sorry googlybear sorry i can't give you any advice as i'm totally clueless but it sounds to me that they set you up to fail from the start of you're hearing goodluck to you with whatever it is you can do now

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    200
    Out of interest, where was the tribunal held?

  3. #23
    Senior Member googlybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In this together
    Posts
    555
    The hearing was at Edinburgh.
    I've already identified possible grounds for appeal, i'll know more when i receive the statement of reasons.

    I just dunno how someone who can't even get past the front door half the time can fail... I'll be asking my representative that too, but i don't think i want him anywhere near any future processes. And here's me always telling everyone to go the their local welfare rights officer.

    Scunnered :-(
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  4. #24
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by googlybear View Post
    The hearing was at Edinburgh.
    I've already identified possible grounds for appeal, i'll know more when i receive the statement of reasons.

    I just dunno how someone who can't even get past the front door half the time can fail... I'll be asking my representative that too, but i don't think i want him anywhere near any future processes. And here's me always telling everyone to go the their local welfare rights officer.

    Scunnered :-(
    sad news but its not over yet !!!!!!!!!! what you need to do of course is find different expert advise that might do a better job as you have found the quality of expert help varies

    then you need to go through everything with a fine tooth combe and see where the fight back will come from as you have two ways to attack this.

    one appeal to upper tribunal or if you can a new claim

  5. #25
    Senior Member googlybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In this together
    Posts
    555
    My representative called me yesterday, said he was "disgusted" at the decision. Says he's gonna get the Statement of Reasons (i've already applied for that).
    He asked me if i have any other conditions that i haven't yet disclosed, so that i could make a fresh claim. I don't, i declared everything from the outset.
    He then asked me if any have deteriorated since my medical, i told him that i am on a permanent downhill slide, but i'd be lying if i said any had deteriorated significantly since. He then asked me to go to my doctor and say that i have had a deterioration. FFS.

    I've been nothing but open and honest from the start, and made to feel like a criminal on trial.

    I'm sorely tempted to write to IDS with a single question, "Do you think it is right that someone should be found fit for work when they cannot get past their front door half of the time?" Do you think he would even bother to reply?

    Not in a good place right now...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  6. #26
    Senior Member googlybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In this together
    Posts
    555
    Good luck with that CardiffLady, i've been to enough Tribunals to know that they're not all like this, this is the worst i've seen by a country mile.
    I'm half expecting my Statement of Reasons to say something like "didn't believe a word he said", and the more i think about it, the more i'm thinking they had already made their mind up before i stepped into the room.

    It's been quite a few years since i last had to attend a Tribunal, and they seem to have changed since then. There was no upper tier, if a claimant lost at this stage, then finding an error in law meant that a further appeal would be made to a Commissioner.
    Also, AIUI, the panel made up of a legal member and medical member had equal status on the panel, as opposed to the legal member being the Tribunal Judge. This was a jumped up little solicitor who was obviously enjoying her new found power as a judge. I've been thinking if there could be any way of making a complaint about her, but legally speaking, i reckon this would be almost impossible, since it is effectively her court. She did point that out too.

    BTW CardiffLady, you have a nice eye ;-)
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  7. #27
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by googlybear View Post
    Good luck with that CardiffLady, i've been to enough Tribunals to know that they're not all like this, this is the worst i've seen by a country mile.
    I'm half expecting my Statement of Reasons to say something like "didn't believe a word he said", and the more i think about it, the more i'm thinking they had already made their mind up before i stepped into the room.

    It's been quite a few years since i last had to attend a Tribunal, and they seem to have changed since then. There was no upper tier, if a ;-)
    This is the time you need to step back and think very hard, why did they not belive me because that woman as bad as you found her would have heard other cases before and after yours where she found in favour of the person appealing

    find a good friend you trust and ask them to be very hard with you, ask them to look at your case and come up with a case for not letting you win.

    if you cant find someone do it yourself

    use the dcsion makers guide the dwp a to z of medical problems

    see what you missed putting in your case

    you know for example something you cant manage, but look up that problem in the a to z and 99% can manage it, did you put a good case as to why your different ?

  8. #28
    Senior Member googlybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In this together
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post

    use the dcsion makers guide the dwp a to z of medical problems
    Where would i be able to find that?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  9. #29
    Senior Member googlybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In this together
    Posts
    555
    found it through google... it'll take some reading, especially when one of my major conditions has no mention there!!!

    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/s...al-conditions/
    Illegitimi non carborundum

  10. #30
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by googlybear View Post
    found it through google... it'll take some reading, especially when one of my major conditions has no mention there!!!

    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/s...al-conditions/
    if not listed use NHS website stay away from web sites run as self help as the idea is to play devils advocate

Similar Threads

  1. GOOD NEWS .... ESA APPEAL WON .... TODAY (Support Group)
    By KatherynH in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-04-14, 19:22
  2. ESA Appeal Allowed Today
    By Leigh36295 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-10-13, 09:34
  3. Appeal Papers Came Today :(
    By KatherynH in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 31-08-13, 18:24
  4. Got my appeal pack today and urgggghhh those lying gits
    By help_me in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-07-13, 19:58

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •