Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Appeal today...

There is hope from 0 to 15 points on appeal after 8 mths of hell

I was called after my atos in jan 2013 told can walk 200 m despite being unable to stand unaided die to advanced hip dysplasia ( and I mean advanced as in bone on bone and severe shortening ) I have arthritis in hip knee and back too. Always use crutches , use wheelchair pushed by partner as can't donut due to movement hurting pelvis and back. All told to atos who lied and stated a lot of untruths in the report which shocked me even after reading these stories I thought I would be ok as genuine. No matter how genuine you are they will disallow you and hope you don't go to appeal. It's been so stressful and yesterday I won my appeal t get SG in just 14 mins. The DWP told me appeal wud not work and wasting my time. My doctors letter saying severe pain and restricted mobility means cannot push my own wheelchair wasn't enough for the DWP but thank god the judge at appeal saw the evidence and sided with me. Now I have to wait for the back pay, any bets on how long it will take? I'm thinking months?!! Well there IS hope guys so fight this all the way if you are genuine you will get through the bank on half of us quitting so don't !!! Good luck everyone on appeal I've seen the light finally after 8 months of hell , worry, stress, and no money.

Lots of spellcheck self correct above sorry! Also I got a copy of m X-ray from the hospital it cost about 20 quid and showed the horror of my problem which helped the doctor on the panel. Get all the info you can get and take it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipster View Post
    I was called after my atos in jan 2013 told can walk 200 m despite being unable to stand unaided die to advanced hip dysplasia ( and I mean advanced as in bone on bone and severe shortening ) I have arthritis in hip knee and back too. Always use crutches , use wheelchair pushed by partner as can't donut due to movement hurting pelvis and back. All told to atos who lied and stated a lot of untruths in the report which shocked me even after reading these stories I thought I would be ok as genuine. No matter how genuine you are they will disallow you and hope you don't go to appeal. It's been so stressful and yesterday I won my appeal t get SG in just 14 mins. The DWP told me appeal wud not work and wasting my time. My doctors letter saying severe pain and restricted mobility means cannot push my own wheelchair wasn't enough for the DWP but thank god the judge at appeal saw the evidence and sided with me. Now I have to wait for the back pay, any bets on how long it will take? I'm thinking months?!! Well there IS hope guys so fight this all the way if you are genuine you will get through the bank on half of us quitting so don't !!! Good luck everyone on appeal I've seen the light finally after 8 months of hell , worry, stress, and no money.
    Well done on winning your appeal, the bad news is that it can often take 6 weeks or more for them to figure out the backdate...

You do mention something i find quite disturbing, DWP told you you'd be wasting your time appealing... I'd be going back for the person's name and report them. We've all gotten used to being mistreated by Atos and DWP around here, but this behaviour is bang out of order.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post

I know you feel very angry about what has happened, but do wonder for the sake of your health if you'd be better just concentrating your energy on making sure you pass the next assesment and avoid any further Tribunals. All the best.
    Thanks SFU, but it's for the sake of my health that i have to continue the fight...

How could i possibly make sure i pass the next test?
    Illegitimi non carborundum