Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benefits and Work website subscription

Benefits and Work website subscription

Anyone here subscribe to this site and how good are the guides as I my wife is migrating from IB to ESA, just got the form today.

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyhag View Post
    Anyone here subscribe to this site and how good are the guides as I my wife is migrating from IB to ESA, just got the form today.
    In my opinion, they are very good. A lot of people on YA are members, and seem happy. Some are against, as they feel that you shouldn't have to pay. It is a matter of choice really.

As with any guidance it is how it is interpreted, they do have moderators on there though who can answer any queries that you might have.

You have just missed a discount code for subs, you could try entering the code to see whether it worked.

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/new...=23+april+2013

Already paid £60 out for medical information, so might have to think about spending any more cash, but seriously thinking about joining to get hold of the guides.

Do you really need a guide, after all you only have to answer the questions truthfully and get any letter from doctors hospitals ect and send them in to prove your claim.

vikstar
    The one thing that the guides don't do is tell you what to write. They tell you what questions the ESA50 is "Really" asking rather than what they appear to ask, and how the ATOS medic interprets your responses to the questions.

They do not encourage you to lie, or to exaggerate, they help you to explain how your medical conditions might qualify you for an ESA award.

As I have previously stated it is a matter of choice. A lot of people on here who give advice have learned most of what they know on BandW, including myself.
    Last edited by vikstar; 27-04-13 at 14:44.

I also agree. B&W are quite good, I also am a member (however I shall not be renewing) but I did not need nor use their guides when completing ESA50 as, in my opnion, B&W have a pattern of 'one size fits all' when it comes to claim forms. Just answer each question honestly and send in as much medical info as possible. As already said, I too think that by using B&W quides there is a danger that each claimants ESA50 answers will be rather similar - DM's will notice a pattern and it may raise suspicion on a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Do you really need a guide, after all you only have to answer the questions truthfully and get any letter from doctors hospitals ect and send them in to prove your claim.
    Really Richard, are you that well practiced at filling the forms in that you never go through the long winded appeals process then?
    Some people need advice and guidance on how to complete these forms, if they are done honestly and truthfully and ALSO worded correctly in the proper format first time around, then you should never need to appeal. Despite it being a shame that we pay for the B&W website, it is worth it in my opinion and I would also like to add that Advice Now website offers similar advice and is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    the B&W website, it is worth it in my opinion and I would also like to add that Advice Now website offers similar advice and is free.
    but they don't have the charm and sensitivity like what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Really Richard, are you that well practiced at filling the forms in that you never go through the long winded appeals process then?
    No not well practiced at all, but I did go from IB to ESA support group without a medical, so I suppose there must be something wrong with me that I can't go to work.

At the end of the day and this has been the case with DLA for years, one cannot just put down things on on these forms without knowing how the system is set up. which is biased towards denying people these benefits rather then award them and to accomplish they create a situation where people on the all cannot fill them in without knowing the way the DWP decision makers work.