Thread: Following on from leftovers how little can you live on ?

davewhit

Following on from leftovers how little can you live on ?

Following on from leftovers................ how little can you live on ? with one lad wanting driving lessons a new lap top for uni (bless him) I think we could manage on £3000 a week !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22065978

interesting that even people in work still have fuel poverty.

I'm totally fed up. I can barely afford to keep the jet in the air these days and the harbour fees for the Yatch are through the roof.

I did an appeal years ago and only had to manage with 40 pounds a week, thank god for good friends at the time. didn't leave much spare change for that private jet

In PM question time this week when Mr C was asked about the massive increase and demand in food banks he replied that the member asking "should be ashamed having a go at these charities" ...... now that's how to side step a question.

Account removed
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    In PM question time this week when Mr C was asked about the massive increase and demand in food banks he replied that the member asking "should be ashamed having a go at these charities" ...... now that's how to side step a question.
    Sadly Labour agree with this Liam Byrne came out with harsher cuts to welfare, to force people into work that's why he says work fare must go further. Of course to get a job you have to have jobs available.

I have just come back from my second interview since being told I'm fit to work, I went in and the young lady asked me to prove I was disabled and needed a wheelchair, no problem I pulled the blanket back from my legs and pulled out the pad I use in case I mess my self, and yes I had, and that was the end of the interview.

Yup treborc. They are chipping away at our dignity. My Atos assessment was suspended when I "disgraced myself" with anxiety. I'm over the moon that they will now be regular events.

I think the problem is that people SHOULD NOT have to live like this!! (excuse capitals, but think they were needed). If Osborne's "austerity measures" were working, things should be getting better, but they are getting worse. Unemployment is still high, health services are on the slide, more and more people are living below the bread line. He is taking most from people that have the least, whilst the Westminster mob go happily along with their cosy lives. People are falling for all the venom directed at the sick/disabled, the unemployed etc. Maybe they should take a minute to think, "there but for the grace of God". They could lose their job, fall sick and end up exactly like the people they are happy to condemn.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I symathise with babyblu sentiment. I'm a science graduated and spent 27 years in manufacturing in increasingly responsible management roles. Never did it ever occur to me to plan for anything other than a decent pension until health pulled the rug.