Thread: Research on how physically disabled people and non-disabled people interact

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Research on how physically disabled people and non-disabled people interact

Hi everyone,

I am a 2nd year PhD student at Canterbury Christ Church University. For my doctorate I am investigating how non-disabled people and physically disabled people interact with each other. More specifically, the thoughts and emotions that can precede and follow short interactions between these two groups. My interest in this topic stems from both the euthusiasm I have for my field and from my own experiences as a person who has cerebral palsy.

I hope it is ok to post a link to my study here. I am looking for physically disabled participants to complete a 15 minute survey. During the survey you will be presented with two scenarios which ask you to imagine interacting with non-disabled people in two different situations. You will then be asked some questions regarding your thoughts and feelings towards each scenario. Some participants will also be given additional information about the study context before responding to questions.

https://cccusocialsciences.qualtrics...pEqKHgCu50XC61

In addition, I would be grateful if my survey could be forwarded to any other physically disabled people who might like to participate. I would also welcome advice on other places where I could post my survey.

I am very happy to be contacted by email ( mark.carew@canterbury.ac.uk ) in relation to my research and I am happy to participate in the research of other people if needed.

Thank you.

Mark

I've just done this survey and found it very interesting.

I will do it this afternoon, another place to post is on the well visited MoneySavingExpert Disability board.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Completed the survey and found it interesting.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Completed the survey, food for thought!