Thread: finally got awarded lower rate care of £20.55 a week DLA. I would like to appea

finally got awarded lower rate care of £20.55 a week DLA. I would like to appea

Hi
    Im new to the forum. Today i got an award of lower rate care DLA of £20.55. I would like to appeal this decision. Is there a service in Havant, Hamphire where i could get help with my appeal and have a representative for the tribunal.
    Thanks Lynda

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by lynda666 View Post
    Hi
    Im new to the forum. Today i got an award of lower rate care DLA of £20.55. I would like to appeal this decision. Is there a service in Havant, Hamphire where i could get help with my appeal and have a representative for the tribunal.
    Thanks Lynda
    if you appeal tell them why you think it should be more they will carry out review it might be changed if not it goes to appeal

when they carry out review they can also stop the claim and stop the dla award it happens 6,000 times last year

seek expert advice before doing anything

Account removed
    The money is so low you may as well ask for a review, you must have a Dial or CAB near you which can offer help, the CAB will give you advice which would be handy.

Dial I would say is your best chance but if your have a social services ask them for anything within your area, google your area.

If you have a good GP he should know the nurse should have an idea of any group or charity in your area.

But appealing you need to find out what you got points for and what you did not so you know which area you can say is wrong, so you need to get them to send the medical report to you

I said on mine I could not walk 50mtrs since I'm in a wheelchair the doctor stated I was able to walk without much of a problem, I phoned up and said I've lost 75% of the muscles from both legs, they contacted my consultant who told them the technical words for it which was Paraplegia and I won my claim and had it indefinite.

The result of either requesting a reconsideration of the award or appealing it will be 1. No change, 2. DLA goes up or 3. DLA goes down (i.e. refused in your case).

I don't know about reps. Contact CAB, if they can't help perhaps they can point you towards someone who can.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-badger View Post
    Yes I agree. You must be very careful because you risk losing all your dla. It happens a lot of the time and you will wish that you didn't appeal.
    Ah but that's a tricky one because that's a fault in the system not the claimant. Someone is only going to appeal for an increase if they feel they have a genuine need. If then they lose all their DLA that's a shocking disgrace and only one that could be rectified by a Tribunal anyway.
    It just sounds wrong doesn't it, don't appeal a bad decision because you could get an even more bad decision. I don't know.

I do not think you have anything to lose by asking what you feel you are entitled to, and believe me you are entitled to it, or you would not dream of going through all the crap they pour on you a second time.
    If you do not then it is an open and shut case, "You can manage without it".
    Lynda you go for it, i Don't know if you had anyone with you at tribunal, if not please try to make sure you have a shoulder there next time.
    Good luck, You are Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by lynda666 View Post
    Hi
    Thanks Lynda
    Havant and District CAB - Leigh Park
    http://advicefinder.turn2us.org.uk/?q=node/1012210 and http://www.havantcab.org.uk/
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue-badger View Post
    Yes I agree. You must be very careful because you risk losing all your dla. It happens a lot of the time and you will wish that you didn't appeal. You can phone the dla advice line and they can explain how they came to the decision. You don't have to tell them you agree or disagree.
    All the best. BB
    It happens but not as you say "a lot of the time" last year 180,000 aprox asked for a review of award less than 3% got nothing the rest was 50/50 stay the same went up stats are on B&W site. That said you should still get expert advise and have a good think is it worth it ?