Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: snoring help

Heehe Acheron. It has been said that I keep night staff entertained. Well, I have packed my lipstick, heated rollers, just going to be the most glamorous patient lol

Have you ever tried one of those clips jobbies on the nose. OMG, I did and ended up my a dry nose and throat, don't know if it stopped the snoring - will ask my pillow!

lipstick and rollers be careful not to raise anyones blood pressure it maybe a mix ward lol ! i'm gonna get him some of those strips and hope for the best wishing you all the best for tomorrow let us all know how you're getting on when you're up to it x

Even just getting him to sleep on his side might do the trick - just nudge him to roll over?

(By nudge I mean a whack or kick in his kidneys lol)
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Nice chatting - Better put a mattress on the floor when you roll him over lol. Nice chatting. Will log on again when bionic knee up n running!!

Hi acheron. I sympathise with you as my other half is the same. He kept a whole field of campers awake whilst on holiday!!! He has seen GP and been to hospital without much luck. They advised him to lose weight etc, but said there was nothing else they could do. It depends if the snoring is caused by a medical or mechanical problem, this would determine what treatment, if any, is appropriate. My other half sleeps in the spare room a lot now, it means I am not kept awake by his snoring and he is not disturbed when my pain etc keeps me awake. Not an ideal solution, but the best in the circumstances.
    On another note, I also agree with beau about the sleep apnoea. I used to snore and had a sleep study done. It turned out I have severe sleep apnoea. I now use a CPAP machine which helps a lot. You must try to persuade your other half to get checked out. Sleep apnoea, if not detected and treated can be dangerous. It means a higher risk of strokes and other problems.
    Good Luck.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Heard someone talking today about a spray for snorers.

babyblu64 i showed him you're post he is carrying some extra weight he's very stocky in build (so paul i can't nudge him over he's got 11 stone on me) he says he will say something to doc next time he goes for his high blood pressure i'm concerned now about the sleep apnoea as they have real trouble controlling his blood pressure which can also lead to strokes oh well i'll be up all night worrying about him now so i suppose his snoring won't matter thank you all for you're help xx