Thread: ESA Questions Help

ESA Questions Help

Hello on the 25th of march i was signed on sick with a letter from my doctor because im suffering from chronic stomach pains, but anyway i got accepeted for esa straight away i also had a range of disabilitys aspergers and adhd so i got a premium on the esa which was £14 extra, i get the higher rate of care for dla and lowee rate for mobility is that the correct amount on top of the typical £57? My mum thinks i should be due more and another question i have to ask is does esa backdate payments?
    Last edited by Johnliam; 12-04-13 at 13:34.

Which ESA group were you placed in and is it CB or IR?

I dont know the difference between them?

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnliam View Post
    Hello on the 25th of march i was signed on sick with a letter from my doctor because im suffering from chronic stomach pains, but anyway i got accepeted for esa straight away i also had a range of disabilitys aspergers and adhd so i got a premium on the esa which was £14 extra, i get the higher rate of care for dla and lowee rate for mobility is that the correct amount on top of the typical £57? My mum thinks i should be due more and another question i have to ask is does esa backdate payments?
    it will start from the date on the sick note i think, the first 13 weeks will be at one rate then it goes up

Quote Originally Posted by Johnliam View Post
    I dont know the difference between them?
    Sorry I misread your post, this is your first claim for ESA although you have been getting DLA.
    The rates you are getting are correct, some in the assessment phase (13 weeks) don't get the premium.

The Jobcentre works out how much the law says you need to live on, deducts any income you have coming in (excluding DLA) and pays you the balance. You are entitled to £71.70 (single person's personal allowance for over 25s) + £56.50 (severe disability premium - if you are living alone and no-one gets carers allowance for you) + £15.50 (Enhanced disability premium - because you get DLA HRC) = £143.70. If you are under 25, you are only entitled to a lower rate of the personal allowance.

Once you are assessed, usually via a medical questionnaire and face to face assessment, you can get a "component" as well, which is about £30 a week.