Thread: Occupational Therapy Service

Occupational Therapy Service

Had an OT assessment today as finding I could do with a hoist of some kind. Have found OT Services very demanding before, i.e. you need this, you must do that, you should move etc

However, today went well. No problems, they will provide a hoist for the bedroom plus a mobile one, plus a few other things. All costs are covered.

They will suggest a few house modifications, which won't be funded, but nice not to be told want I need for a change.

Other good news, my Direct Payment was increased. This was offered rather than requested. I'm going to give it six months and see if I really need the increase, if not we'll lower it.

Good news for you vantage. I contacted my OT recently to request a couple of things which i had previously turned down. I feel now though that I would benefit, particularly as I am going into hospital next week, and mobility will be even more difficult for a while during recovery. I was told my OT had left so I would therefore need a further assessment, and that can't be done before I go into hospital! Oh dear, why does everything have to be so difficult. One of the items I would like is a 'perching stool' for the kitchen and bathroom, but was told they don't provide these anymore. I wonder if the OT in the hospital will be able to assist. I am told they assess patients for when they are discharged. Susie

I hope you get something sorted out. Worth trying the hospital