Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Margaret Thatcher is dead.

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by vantage View Post
    Didn't take you long did it? Wishing people dead, what a lovely person you must be
    Oh look, you have popped up again.

http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ll=1#post28923

By the way, she is already dead, so I would have a job wishing her dead. I am simply posing a scenario of where she may well end up, and how hot it will be.

All these Welfare Rights Advisers who have helped hundreds upon hundreds of sick and disabled people must also be "Lovely People" as well then.

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/4673/
    Last edited by vikstar; 08-04-13 at 15:41.

I'm just a little too young to remember those events Rae, but have heard my father talking about it in the past.
    Wasn't that to do with the Suez crisis though?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Call me cynical, but has she been waiting for one more kick at the sick and disabled before popping her clogs?
    With the latest round of cuts happening today.
    Would be a good day to bury bad news...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Sympathy for her family, but so glad shes gone. She hated the ordinary person with a vengeance, just like her half ruling along with the other half .Also read Nick Clegg cut short his skiing trip what a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post

By the way, she is already dead, so I would have a job wishing her dead. I am simply posing a scenario of where she may well end up, and how hot it will be.

All these Welfare Rights Advisers who have helped hundreds upon hundreds of sick and disabled people must also be "Lovely People" as well then.

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/4673/
    You reference to lunch with IDS was the quote I was refering to

Crikey, googly, Suez was even before my time!
    I'm not going to defend her as, like many on here, I think she wandered a bit off the rails. However, to put her first election into perspective, we were well and truly up the creek without a paddle. I've never seen it before, and I don't think I'll ever see it again, but every single council house I drove passed had a Conservative poster in the window. These were people who would never ever have contemplated voting anything other than Labour in their lives. That's how bad things had become.

Nice bit of perspective RaeUK. It was a bad time back then, people were not being buired either.

My own view is she was the right person at the time, things needed major changed. However, went on too long. Some policies, whilst right in principle were badly implemented, some were right and some went too far.

My parents bought their council house, my dad still lives there this day. I still have some shares in various companies.

But there was a lot of pain, which many other countries went through years later....Greece right now

davewhit
    She was a great leader and average PM.... GAVE me 35% pay rise followed by 15% 2 years later

For some strange reason this song came into my head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

Well i for one are very pleased the witch has died, i just wished she had departed the earth before she tore the heart out of the country and had the cheek to tell us that we never had it so good fast forward from then till now same tories new names and ESA and PIP really do make me think we really have never had it so good.. oh and im a little sarcastic at times too