Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Margaret Thatcher is dead.

vikstar

Margaret Thatcher is dead.

I hope she is buried in an asbestos suit, because she is going to need it where she is going.

Hopefully IDS and his cohorts will arrange to "do lunch" with her, very, very soon.

ids and his hateful army will probably blame dissabled benefit scroungers for being a burden on dear old mrs t

Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post
    I hope she is buried in an asbestos suit, because she is going to need it where she is going.

Hopefully IDS and his cohorts will arrange to "do lunch" with her, very, very soon.
    Didn't take you long did it? Wishing people dead, what a lovely person you must be

There won't be too many tears shed for her up here in Scotland.

She ruined the coal industry, the steel industry, the motor vehicle industry, privatised all those utilities companies that are now raking in billions of profit at our expense, she crushed the unions, caused mass unemployment and depleted proper apprenticeships in favour of slave labour schemes like Youth Opportunity Programmes (YOP).

Let's not forget the she also clobbered Scotland first with the Poll Tax, and broke the Tory promise to Scotland for more devolved powers.
    Now you know why there are twice as many Panda bears in Scotland than there are Tory MPs.
    I will personally have a small celebratory drink while watching my Boys from the Blackstuff box set
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Many will rejoice.
    Personally I can't see the point of hanging on to so much hate after all these years - it kills the very soul of a person.
    No I didn't like the woman and I certainly won't be watching her funeral - but she is someones mother, grandma, auntie, sister etc etc.
    Just move on folks she's also history
    Sea Queen

I distinctly remember, 1981, sitting in 1st year French class, and the new text books were being handed out. Several complaints from classmates about having to share them one between 3 or 4, and being told we had to squeeze every last space from our jotters. Our teacher, Mr. Lopinski, exclaimed "Anyone with a problem, take it up with Rifkind" (must've been Education Secretary at the time).
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Whatever our thoughts and memories of her may be, at the time of her first election the alternative was far worse. I fully remember the Winter of Discontent. Three day working week. The dead unburied. Rubbish not collected and a plague of rats. Britain on the verge of bankruptcy and within a whisker of being declared a third world country. Petrol stations closed. Crisis? What crisis? ...

ROYAL HUSSAR
    Ring out the bells
    The Witch is dead
    Time for street parties to celebrate
    One Tory down,lets hope for the rest to go soon

lets not forget , a person has passed away here. no matter what we thought of this person be dignified and dont sink to the same dephts as this present goverment.

It's the End of an Era, she be gone. Defo not a Thatcher fan, she did untold damage, but part of me is a tad sad. Dunno why!