Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA Self Award

Blue-badger

ESA Self Award

Hello All.
    Like so many, I hate being forced into the whole migration thing from IB to ESA. (Are we meant to be flying to warmer climates?)
    On the face of it I should have no worries as I (should) qualify on several counts due to having multiple and severe impairments. I would defiantly call myself a "Super Crip".

Anyway, the thing is that its been a few weeks since I almost fell out the car and had to be rescued by 2 passers by.. I was wearing a sleeping bag as it was so cold and it was very tricky to transfer myself to my wheelchair.. All that to post my esa form.

So fed up am I, today I took matters into my own hands and I awarded myself support group ESA until I get a letter from DWP or ATOS telling me the outcome. I hope they see fit to agree with me!

I don't even know who writes to you: ATOS or DWP or both?

Do they say:

"Congratulations you are definitely disabled" or "Bad luck loser we no longer give ATOS"?
    Lots of Love from everyone at DWP and your friends at ATOS xxx

I'm getting Letter Box fear syndrome every day and its getting worse. Should I open white or brown letters first? I can't decide....

How long should I wait before contacting them? Surely it's not too many weeks?

I recived my first letter on the 15/12/12
    sent it back on the 15/01/13
    no medical
    received letter on the 08/03/13 to say I'm in the support group

Blue-badger
    Hi Richard
    Thanks for that!
    Nice outcome! Congratulations. Wow they kept you waiting though!

Maybe no news is good news....

:-)

Yes, mine was rather quick too. No medical - Support Group. Though my good people, I must admit that I paid my GP for a full medical statement and also sent shed-loads of info in to them.

The bad news????? One week after the SG good news, DLA ominously sent me Form DLA180, reviewing my indefinite award. Bizarre. What they give in one hand, they attemp to retrieve back with another. Bless 'em 'eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I recived my first letter on the 15/12/12
    sent it back on the 15/01/13
    no medical
    received letter on the 08/03/13 to say I'm in the support group
    Blimey, i had my medical on 1/11/12, and got my rejection phone call on 13/11/12, just 12 days later!
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Blue-badger
    Hi ivb, great news and typical about the dla... They don't want you to not worry! So much for indefinite awards?!
    Hello Googlybear.. I'm sorry to hear that you were told bluntly by way of a phone call. They could have let you down a bit more gently with a box of chocolates and an 'Im sorry' card. Did you appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-badger View Post
    Hello All.
    Like so many, I hate being forced into the whole migration thing from IB to ESA. (Are we meant to be flying to warmer climates?)
    On the face of it I should have no worries as I (should) qualify on several counts due to having multiple and severe impairments. I would defiantly call myself a "Super Crip".

Anyway, the thing is that its been a few weeks since I almost fell out the car and had to be rescued by 2 passers by.. I was wearing a sleeping bag as it was so cold and it was very tricky to transfer myself to my wheelchair.. All that to post my esa form.

So fed up am I, today I took matters into my own hands and I awarded myself support group ESA until I get a letter from DWP or ATOS telling me the outcome. I hope they see fit to agree with me!

I don't even know who writes to you: ATOS or DWP or both?

Do they say:

"Congratulations you are definitely disabled" or "Bad luck loser we no longer give ATOS"?
    Lots of Love from everyone at DWP and your friends at ATOS xxx

I'm getting Letter Box fear syndrome every day and its getting worse. Should I open white or brown letters first? I can't decide....

How long should I wait before contacting them? Surely it's not too many weeks?
    They'll say "Sod off! You can use a computer. Find a data input job"

Blue-badger
    Nice! But so true! Lol

Account removed
    I've just been told that a review of the information from the ATOS doctor stated that my paraplegia was in fact a bad back, he put down back pain cause by slipped disc, the disc is not slipped it's been removed taken out gone , so have another two.

I have been asked to send in evidence, my GP has charged me £50, my consultant wants £1500, surely this should be up to ATOS and the DWP to get.

This is a money making racket for the medical profession.

My GP stated he has no bowel or bladder control he has chronic pain he has no sexual function he has Paraplegia .

They phoned me up to ask why I did not tell the doctor this. I did I told him all of it he did not put it down, he put down patient is suffering from chronic back pain....something is wrong with ATOS and it's doctors it does look like a money making exercise to me.

The review is paid for my the DWP to ATOS, if it then goes to the appeal ATOS gets paid to do the paper work, this cannot be right can it and now we are hearing ATOS is subcontracting out some of it's work.

Blue-badger
    Wow Treborc that is scandalous. My GP charged £18 for my medical letter that was bad enough.
    But £50 and £1500 from a consultant?
    My GP wrote a rather thin letter. Ok he got the basics but I asked to write so much more. The English was dreadful and the word significant was overused on many occasions.
    WE should be invoicing ATOS not least for our time, paper, ink, as well as emotional and physical exhaustion...we have professional expertise on our own condition.

I say we should be asking for a couple of hundred pounds for starters.