Thread: help with esa and part time work

help with esa and part time work

hi everyone i have a little problem that i need help with please ..i claim esa with my wife .im having on going health problem and have started a claim for dla ..now on the esa website it says that you can earn 99.50 a week as long as its under 16 hours ..so my wife thought she would go and get a part time job (13 hours ) .. however we have been told that the dwp have been in contact with the job and asked for her details .. take home is about £350 a month 13 hours a week but because the esa link says your permitted to work under 16 hours we didnt tell the dwp..i think that was a big mistake .. can someone confirm this for me please we took our info here https://www.gov.uk/employment-suppor...ce/eligibility so have we read this wrong as we are very scared that we will get called in thanks in advance

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by proper101 View Post
    hi everyone i have a little problem that i need help with please ..i claim esa with my wife .im having on going health problem and have started a claim for dla ..now on the esa website it says that you can earn 99.50 a week as long as its under 16 hours ..so my wife thought she would go and get a part time job (13 hours ) .. however we have been told that the dwp have been in contact with the job and asked for her details .. take home is about £350 a month 13 hours a week but because the esa link says your permitted to work under 16 hours we didnt tell the dwp..i think that was a big mistake .. can someone confirm this for me please we took our info here https://www.gov.uk/employment-suppor...ce/eligibility so have we read this wrong as we are very scared that we will get called in thanks in advance
    you might be able to earn that..........but your wife might be allowed £71 .........you need to get Expert advise

right ok understood ..where do i get advise from .. citizens advice or somewhere else please

Hey proper101, I have a friend who does permitted work under IB. They also contacted her employer just to clarify hours worked and wages earned (basically to make sure that she was telling the truth,lol), oh, BTW, she actually told the DWP in writing that she was starting permitted work, always best to be up front with them I feel. When she queried why the DWP contacted her employer, she was told that it was just standard procedure. If you are within the ESA regs of £99.50 / 16 hours per week for up to 52 weeks then you have now't to worry about my friend - they are jst doing their job.

You should ALWAYS notify the DWP of a change of circumstances. It will not affect your DLA claim though.