Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare

Nightmare

My story with motability started on the 1st week of March. My car was vandalized so I phone the insurance to take care of it. To my surprise I found that I had no insurance since oct last year!! I phoned motability to find out that they suspended my account without notifying me. All goes back to another vandalism resulted in a cut on the driver seat. At the time the dealer didnt do the required report so motability advised me they will do that next time i take the car for service. But when i spoke to the staff on my next service they told me if motability need a report they will contact them directly so u dont have to worry about anything.

I had no car for 2 days because the 1st day the person supposed to put the insurance back finished work at 5pm and didnt call me back as promised. Next day I found out i need to wait 24hrs for the registration to go on again. So I was without a car for 2 days, not to mention the pain and money cost me to go around. Anyway the lady apologized and because I already placed anew order for new car, she will make sure Ill get it on the 5th of Apr as was scheduled. All I need to do is take the car to the dealer after the repair to do the damage report. Next day the dealer phoned me to say that motability asked him to cancel my order!!! So phoned them again and was advised the account went into suspension again until I take the care for damage report. I felt I was getting punished for a mistake not of my own. So phoned again and asked to speak to the 1st person I spoke too 1st time, she said that they never asked the dealer to cancel my order and I can go ahead and order and she will put her details to confirm it.

Next week went again to the dealer to put another order, the salesman assured me that motability asked him to cancel the 1st time. Anyway he went ahead trying to put the order to my shock again the account was suspended and I cant place an order. It was ester bank holiday so I had to wait till Tue next week. Phoned motability again they advised that I was advised wrong but once I had the report done I can go immediately and order my new car. So I went to do the damage report and I phoned them from the dealer to make sure nothing extra needed. They asked the dealer to fax them and they will call me to confirm. I stayed at the dealer for another hour then went home. Next day I phoned again this was the 5th time a staff promise me a call and they dont. Apologized (nothing new) and said that I need to wait 24hrs before the approval and now its approved. I explained that not what I was told and they should know that am limited in my movement. Asking me to go again to the dealer is torture, she also advised that my application was choosing RANDOMLY for a review so I have to wait until Mon for their decision.

I cant believe the way they handle my situation and the lack of sympathy from couple of their staff. I was sick for 2 days due to the fact I didnt have a car and I had to walk more than I usually do. Every time I ask to be put to the complaint department they say they will fill it in my behave, but never received a call back to discus it. I really not sure what will happen next, am still waiting for their decision.

Please fill write a letter of complaint asap https://www.motability.co.uk/about-u...d-appeals-form

I can't see who else (higher up the chain) you can complain to, but I'll look in to it.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thank you Paul. did this happened to anyone else!!!!

I have heard of other Motability users being struck off the insurance at the end of their lease, and then not being allowed back on the scheme but never during a lease.

Have you tried contacting your MP? They can get to people with more power better than we can.
    http://www.writetothem.com/ or if you want to use snail mail http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/
    Motability Car History
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thanks again Paul, I honestly thought the matter will be solved by motability and no need for escalation.
    But it seems I need to go that road. I'll keep u posted

Deleted

Gel

Sorry to hear about your woes BNF , circa 2 yrs ago a neighbour of ours had a similar runaround from Motability.....she had 4 insurance claims within 5 years.....she appealed through Ministers etc. but RSAM were having none of it.

She's been told they'll reconsider her rejoining the scheme after 5 yrs.

To be fair to Motability....she did write off 2 cars and her other claims were non fault claims but she couldn't supply details of the offenders.

If you're prepared to accept a hefty insurance excess....they might play ball....good luck
    Last edited by Deleted; 06-04-13 at 10:47. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Gel View Post
    Sorry to hear about your woes BNF , circa 2 yrs ago a neighbour of ours had a similar runaround from Motability.....she had 4 insurance claims within 5 years.....she appealed through Ministers etc. but RSAM were having none of it.

She's been told they'll reconsider her rejoining the scheme after 5 yrs.

To be fair to Motability....she did write off 2 cars and her other claims were non fault claims but she couldn't supply details of the offenders.

If you're prepared to accept a hefty insurance excess....they might play ball....good luck
    I dont think my situation is the same, I had a small cut on the driver seat which I reported. But they never notified me of the suspension for 5 months, eventhough they extended my hire agreement on Oct!!!! What happened to your friend is not fair either, the scheme supposed to help us not judge us.

It's not the same thing, your's is more a communication breakdown between the Insurers and Motability.
    Motability Car History

So I took ur advise Paul and emailed the complaint department to receive a call from a manger in their department. It seems no complaint was raised by the motability staff before my email eventhough they advised that the will do. But she asked me what am looking for!! to be honest I never thought about anything. i dont want to sound greedy so what is acceptable to ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Please fill write a letter of complaint asap https://www.motability.co.uk/about-u...d-appeals-form

I can't see who else (higher up the chain) you can complain to, but I'll look in to it.

KeithB@motabilityoperations.co.uk
    Keith Bowler

Customer Solutions Account Manager

or

mikebetts@motabilityoperations.co.uk

they should be able to help...

in my case "chocolate fireguard" is a accurate description of motability customer service.