Thread: New DLA Award

New DLA Award

Last week I was asked if I wanted to reapply for DLA as my current award runs out in July 2013.
    I filled it out and got a decision today - Low Rate Care indefinately after my current awards ends in July 2013.
    I found this strange as PiP is coming in. How long is indefinate? Stupid question I know but im a bit confused :S

Thanks
    Last edited by justinarmstrong; 29-03-13 at 18:56.

they should not bother you now till 2015 then invite you to apply for pip

i never understand why they still bother to call it indefinite when we know it never is.

they said the same thing when i was reading up on esa - that support group was indefinite. if 1 - 3 years is their definition of indefinite....

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by justinarmstrong View Post
    Last week I was asked if I wanted to reapply for DLA as my current award runs out in July 2013.
    I filled it out and got a decision today - Low Rate Care indefinately after my current awards ends in July 2013.
    I found this strange as PiP is coming in. How long is indefinate? Stupid question I know but im a bit confused :S

Thanks
    the dm works from a book of regulations, if your dla form and documents was correct for indef then he awards as such .......he cant take into account a change that might or might not happen in the future

Indefinite just means there's no particular time frame for reassessment. Probably you'll be left alone until you're "invited" (i.e. told) to claim PIP.