Thread: Dla online renewal?

Dla online renewal?

Hi
    My award ends in 12 weeks so I called up as no renewal pack had been sent. I was told I could apply online, so I did that as it was quicker than waiting on the post.
    Called up today to enquire about length of wait on renewals. Only to be told I have filled out a form for a new claim you can't renew online!
    There's only one form online (adult dla claim form) it does ask if your already in receipt of dla,
    I'm thinking I have mad a huge mistake now! But I only applied online after being told too?!

Anyone know what I should do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    get the right form and get claim done asap did you save copy of on line form
    Yeah I printed off a copy. My worry is they will class the online application as a new claim:s

I have tried calling them but they didn't seem to know what to do either. And there is no one senior I can speak to apparently.

What a mess

I had a similar problem with my DLA 'review' which ominously kicked in 2 weeks after the IB/ESA migration applied to me, even though i was on an indefinite DLA award. DLA and ESA communicate BIG TIME!

I contacted DLA and they would not accept an online DLA Adult claim as my 'review' claim. I had no choice but to fill in their DLA 'review' paper claim form which they sent to me in the post. Bless 'em eh? I love 'em like my granny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Yeah I printed off a copy. My worry is they will class the online application as a new claim:s

I have tried calling them but they didn't seem to know what to do either. And there is no one senior I can speak to apparently.

What a mess
    There are those at DLA who really don't know, there are those who can't be bothered and those who take pleasure in giving us a hard time then there is the odd nice one, bless 'em.
    All you want is to cancel the online claim you made as it was done in error, they can sort that, you just need to keep phoning till you get the nice one.

I've used normal DLA forms as renewal forms before -they certainly look identical - and there's been no problem. I've just written "treat as DLA renewal" on it. Provided your DLA claim is due for renewal, the DBC should deal with it as a renewal claim. However, that's experience talking with Bootle DBC, I don't know how other DBCs might deal with it.