Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Atos or DWP pass the content of your ESA50 information onto other bodies ?

Can Atos or DWP pass the content of your ESA50 information onto other bodies ?

Just wondering if they can and do.

I'm not sure i can't remember what was on the form but doesn't it say it wont be passed on to other parties? Hopefully someone on here will know for sure

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_195544.pdf

Only other DWP departments

Personally, I don't think that The DWP should give ATOS your details to send out the ESA50.

The DWP seem to think that because you've given them permission previously on a form, that it gives them the right to give ATOS your details anytime they like.
    Last edited by gbhxu; 25-03-13 at 21:21.

A friend of mine has had a letter from the DVLA 10 days after sending in an ESA50 to Atos with details of illness and meds in it , saying they have had information from a third party and requesting forms be filled in as well as permission to access med records from GP.
    Friend has driving licence but never had a job driving , nor had own car.Has never driven since passing test in fact .

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyes View Post
    Just wondering if they can and do.
    ANY Govt dept can share information. These days much of Local and National Govt civil service work is contracted out to private companies, they are not supposed to give out your information.
    Most forms have a clause which you sign agreeing to allow them to contact relevant bodies.

Is there such a clause on the ESA50 which you agree to when you sign ?
    I mean if it is Atos who has contacted DVLA how did they know my friend had a driving licence?

Is there such a clause on the ESA50 which you agree to when you sign ?
    I mean if it is Atos who has contacted DVLA how did they know my friend had a driving licence?
    ATOS as a private contractor should not forward details........that doesn't mean that an ATOS employee wouldn't.
    DVLA license form does ask if you have any conditions that affect your ability to drive, this is a contenious point, people with adapted vehicles have "conditions" but does it affect their ability to drive?????
    The same goes with insurance companies.
    The only time this would be an issue is if there was an accident as the Insurance may claim that you had made a false declaration to the DVLA and to them making your insurance void.

A friend of mine has had a letter from the DVLA 10 days after sending in an ESA50 to Atos with details of illness and meds in it , saying they have had information from a third party and requesting forms be filled in as well as permission to access med records from GP.
    Friend has driving licence but never had a job driving , nor had own car.Has never driven since passing test in fact .
    My hospital doctor info. DVLA about my diabetic and other health issue
    Any doctor inc. G.P have to inform DVLA by law

Quote Originally Posted by uday View Post
    My hospital doctor info. DVLA about my diabetic and other health issue
    Any doctor inc. G.P have to inform DVLA by law
    Firstly, there are certain conditions that you must notify DVLA, diabetis is one but not if it's diet controlled. As I said before, they are conditions that "affect" your ability. The DVLA have a list of these conditions.
    Secondly, GP's have a duty of confidentiality and any disclosure to the DVLA must be discussed with the patient before and also would need to check with the GMC before making such a disclosure without permission.
    Unless the Law has changed recently.

uday thanks but how did your hospital doctor know you had a driving licence ?