Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow,Snow, Snow, when will it go?

Snow,Snow, Snow, when will it go?

Heating bills are going through the roof, as is some of the heat! Its costing £6 a day to keep the house warm as its 0c. If it was 10c, the seasonal average, it would only cost £2. Ouch! Lets hope the gas does not run out.

Yep, still got all my heating on, but not as expensive as yours! Works out to about £3.50pd. Assume you don't qualify for any sort of winter heating allowance?

It has been a long hard winter to be sure, a nightmare for care agencies no doubt as they have to struggle to get to the people they assist.
    I have walked down our street Friday and Saturday this week in heavy snow which has been quite deep to assist daughter as C/A were struggling.
    I don't mind in fact I volunteer as there are others who rely on them for administering meds etc and have no one else.
    Roll on spring
    Sea Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    ... Roll on spring
    I don't want to give you bad news here, sq, but it is Spring.

My heating is costing nothing .......it's not on

We are very fortunate up here on the North Coast of Scotland for we have seen very little snow. It has been freezing cold but no snow for which I am very grateful. If there is snow then I am stuck in the house but since there has been hardly any I have been able to go out for a drive

davewhit
    Just asked my youngest 18 what he is doing over easter tells me a group are going Camping !!!!!!!!!!!!! idiots

ha ha oh to be young again davewhit, my son plays football for a local team and cannot understand why matches are being postponed.??? thought the weather might have give him a clue.

Don't even get me started on keeping warm! I have EPG gas (no piped gas in my area). Costs 130 per fortnight for 2 cylinders (only lasts 2 weeks putting heating on for 4 hours per day). I receive 198 per fortnight ESA only. So, you can see I cannot afford to buy gas. No gas, no hot water!! I sit huddled around a portable oil filled radiator with layers and layers of clothing, gloves and a fleece cover. Too cold to even go into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. My winter payment (age UK tariff) goes direct to my electricity supplier so no help with heating, just credits my electric. As for the £10 kindly given from the Government I feel like stuffing it up their proverbial .....

No mains gas here either, so rely on oil central heating. But have saved over the recent cold period as the snowdrifts brought our power lines down, so no heating at all!