Thread: Forgive me for thinking this, but...

Forgive me for thinking this, but...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21831000
    If this phone was of such importance to Ms McDonagh, why was it left in the back of her car for someone to steal?
    Was it a convertible with the roof down?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Why can't we leave things on our back seat and not expect them to be there when we return to them?

OK, leaving a high value mobile phone in view is almost asking to be robbed, but why do we live in a world where that is expected?
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Why can't we leave things on our back seat and not expect them to be there when we return to them?

OK, leaving a high value mobile phone in view is almost asking to be robbed, but why do we live in a world where that is expected?
    It's called greed "you got I haven't"

Quote Originally Posted by googlybear View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21831000
    If this phone was of such importance to Ms McDonagh, why was it left in the back of her car for someone to steal?
    Was it a convertible with the roof down?
    Seems to me that whilst the sun are denying the theft they are not denying having it, bit odd.
    I don't have anything private in my life to worry about, seems the best policy to me.

We expect things to be stolen because we treat people as 2nd class and with no value, so they create their own value.

They are technically in receipt of stolen goods. Perhaps new press "laws" will help. perhaps not? I stopped buying the sun last year when disgrace of Hillsborough reporting came out. I am not from Liverpool and as a football team I do not like them, in fact quite the opposite, but the Sun betrayed many ordinary people.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    They are technically in receipt of stolen goods. Perhaps new press "laws" will help. perhaps not? I stopped buying the sun last year when disgrace of Hillsborough reporting came out. I am not from Liverpool and as a football team I do not like them, in fact quite the opposite, but the Sun betrayed many ordinary people.
    Not just the sun but also the daily mail disgrace disabled people

Account removed
    Well of course the biggest deepest recession in living history, people will steal, and if it's a car with the top down use the dam boot