Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedroom Tax defeat ???????????

Bedroom Tax defeat ???????????

This is only IMHO but it seems that there could be a possibility that BT could be defeated at some time in the near future.
    Unsuprisingly as it is such a ridiculous idea.
    It also seems that the public are getting bored with the bash the sick and poor, whilst defending the rich as being the only policy this Govt has to economic recovery.
    You can only hope that we can defeat them on the the rest of their culling policies.

Well, I can but hope. I don't mind things coming in if they are both necessary and fair. The BT certainly isn't fair.

I'm not so sure the general public are getting bored with the bash on the sick and poor... the government has gone a good job in convincing them that we are all workshy spongers, who are too busy watching Sky while they go out to work. Some benefits have now been re-classed as out of work benefits, rather than being for those who are unable to work.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

As an anxiety sufferer who can't get to sleep worrying about what tomorrow has to bring and waking up in a cold sweat most days I am ovewhelmed at the complete hash the Goverment have made in gently managing the changes for sufferers.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    This is only IMHO but it seems that there could be a possibility that BT could be defeated at some time in the near future.
    Unsuprisingly as it is such a ridiculous idea.
    It also seems that the public are getting bored with the bash the sick and poor, whilst defending the rich as being the only policy this Govt has to economic recovery.
    You can only hope that we can defeat them on the the rest of their culling policies.
    if people find a way out they will change the law... just like over poundland

look at the poll tax the Cons brought it, people protested all over the country but it was never phased out and we all ending up paying council tax, again the Cons get back in and they again are bringing in yet another tax. protests have started but i feel it is too late.

what puzzles me is why it is just aimed at those in social and association housing? if they are going to do this then everyone should pay not just aimed at this.

the only way to sort this out is to start hitting the greedy private landlords, saw one where they were wanting nearly 2000 pounds a month and many others are well over charging for their properties as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    look at the poll tax the Cons brought it, people protested all over the country but it was never phased out and we all ending up paying council tax, again the Cons get back in and they again are bringing in yet another tax. protests have started but i feel it is too late.

what puzzles me is why it is just aimed at those in social and association housing? if they are going to do this then everyone should pay not just aimed at this.

the only way to sort this out is to start hitting the greedy private landlords, saw one where they were wanting nearly 2000 pounds a month and many others are well over charging for their properties as well.
    Not sure what you mean, the Poll Tax was defeated.

The rule already applies to private renters, council won't pay for under occupied private property but will for social.

Bring back the Fair Rent Act. Tories got rid of it and they'll never bring it back.

i agree that they need to bring back the fair rent act.

it is what these landlords are trying to charge which def needs looking at, example we were going to go private, the price was advertised at 425 a month then the greedy landlord only banged it up to 475 a month!

like any thing else going on at the moment in this country, this GOV are letting these people get greedier while then taking it out on the poor, sick or what ever of this country.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    i agree that they need to bring back the fair rent act.

it is what these landlords are trying to charge which def needs looking at, example we were going to go private, the price was advertised at 425 a month then the greedy landlord only banged it up to 475 a month!

like any thing else going on at the moment in this country, this GOV are letting these people get greedier while then taking it out on the poor, sick or what ever of this country.
    Greedy employers expand their wealth by paying minimum wage and the Govt subsidise this with benefits.
    Greedy landlords expand their property portfolio and wealth subsidised by the Govt.
    The rich get richer whilst the poor stay poor, will it ever be different?

Account removed
    Unemployed council and housing association tenants should seek work or face losing their homes, housing minister Caroline Flint has suggested.

She said new applicants for social housing might sign "commitment contracts" pledging to seek employment.

In a speech, Ms Flint said: "Social housing should be based around the principle of something for something."

Shadow housing minister Grant Shapps said the idea was "meaningless" as it could not be legally enforced.

How times change....